PDA

View Full Version : BLACK ORPHEUS - instrumental

SoloRule
09-21-2019, 04:05 PM
https://youtu.be/aDboNA9iTGw

Black Orpheus - I learned this song in my short-lived guitar days. Ukulele giving me back my confidence!
Hope you like this version. Thank you for watching !

Jan D
09-21-2019, 07:15 PM
That was lovely, Brenda. Haven't heard that song in ages ... thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Jan D.

pix.fairydust
09-21-2019, 09:06 PM
Lovely playing, I'd never heard this before. Beautiful sound, so clear and articulate.

SoloRule
09-22-2019, 02:23 AM
That was lovely, Brenda. Haven't heard that song in ages ... thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Jan D.

Thank you Jan. I have not heard that song in ages too. Ha ha
I remember trying to play it on guitar when I was in high school. It was so darn difficult!

SoloRule
09-22-2019, 02:24 AM
Lovely playing, I'd never heard this before. Beautiful sound, so clear and articulate.

Thank you sugar!
You have not made new post in a while. Time to get cracking.

Croaky Keith
09-22-2019, 02:44 AM
Another winner, congrats, lovely playing. :)

pix.fairydust
09-22-2019, 03:03 AM
Thank you sugar!
You have not made new post in a while. Time to get cracking.

I know, work has been crazy, and I've had one bug after another! I work in the UK national health service in paediatrics and this time of year is major bug/cold/general germ season!
I'm working on "love of my life" but it's a major project -think I need some smaller ones to go alongside.

Bill Sheehan
09-22-2019, 03:54 AM
Beautifully done, Brenda! And your uke always has such an excellent tone! I remember back in approximately 1969, it was Jose Feliciano's very expressive solo instrumental version of this tune that inspired me to delve into nylon-string guitar. On the album in question, I believe it was entitled "Manha de Carnaval" (?).

S11LKO
09-22-2019, 09:37 AM
Pretty darn good again young Brenda!
You certainly have some flair with that uke. Well done my friend. Lovely stuff.

keonepax
09-22-2019, 11:27 AM
Very nice, Brenda! I too tried to play the guitar at one point, but that didn't last long. :P

S11LKO
09-22-2019, 11:42 AM
Very nice, Brenda! I too tried to play the guitar at one point, but that didn't last long. :P

It's each to their own, isn't it? And that's the way it SHOULD be I suppose. I started a thread in the uke discussion section a while ago, and found it surprising how many ukers are guitarists as well!

MikeHollandGuitar
09-23-2019, 01:25 AM
I love that tune Brenda.......I also know it as Manho de Carnaval. Written by Luiz Bonfa I think.............!!! How cool Bossa Nova sounds on the ukulele...Beautiful soulful and deep feeling in your playing......a great piece. Lovely recording also!
Mike

SoloRule
09-23-2019, 01:47 PM
Beautifully done, Brenda! And your uke always has such an excellent tone! I remember back in approximately 1969, it was Jose Feliciano's very expressive solo instrumental version of this tune that inspired me to delve into nylon-string guitar. On the album in question, I believe it was entitled "Manha de Carnaval" (?).

This uke was Corey Fujimoto personal uke. He must have left his talented DNA on it. I remember Jose Feliciano. He played Ovation guitar.

SoloRule
09-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Thank you John and young Dave

SoloRule
09-24-2019, 02:38 AM
Another winner, congrats, lovely playing. :)

Thank you Keith!

SoloRule
09-24-2019, 02:42 AM
I love that tune Brenda.......I also know it as Manho de Carnaval. Written by Luiz Bonfa I think.............!!! How cool Bossa Nova sounds on the ukulele...Beautiful soulful and deep feeling in your playing......a great piece. Lovely recording also!
Mike

I will be visiting South America in a couple of months. Hopefully I get to hear more Bossa Nova music that can be played on the uke.
Recording is iPhone and a Shure MV88 Mic.
Always enjoy reading your comments.

Wingnutz
09-24-2019, 06:35 AM
Some of my favorite music on my favorite uke! (and one of my favorite uke players). I play guitar also, but I like the ukulele for its less-is-more, uncluttered character. It allows me to focus more on a simple presentation of the tune. And they are so darn cute! :)

Bill Sheehan
09-24-2019, 09:37 AM
Some of my favorite music on my favorite uke! (and one of my favorite uke players). I play guitar also, but I like the ukulele for its less-is-more, uncluttered character. It allows me to focus more on a simple presentation of the tune. And they are so darn cute! :)

I'll second all of that !! :D

SoloRule
09-26-2019, 02:44 AM
Bill and Laurence
What a lovely compliment!
You guys are the BEST!

SoloRule
09-26-2019, 12:42 PM

Happy Birthday John