Uke Coolness...girls of our dreams

Harold O.

Reaction score
So I'm sitting outside the dance theater last night waiting for my ballerina to emerge from performance #3. I brought a ukulele along to help pass the time and sat out there strumming softly for about twenty minutes.

There was no crowd, only a few early arriving parents and such and no one seemed to be paying me much attention. All was right with the world.

A gathering in an adjacent building let out before the dance crowd and the people passed by about ten feet behind my bench. Suddenly, a girl of maybe ten appeared from the right and laid a single white silk rose next to me. She had a bright, mischievous smile and golden hair

I kept strumming, she walked away. It was fabulous.

yes. a sign from god. or buddah. whichever god strikes your fancy. :D

Great Story!

That's absolutely wonderful. Treasure that rose, it represents another soul touched by the ukulele.

As for me, my dream girl is right at the top of my signature.:shaka:

Right on. Funny that I read this just now. Today at work (I work at an airport), I was playing outside and this one girl who just came from Hawaii was all like "Aww, how cute? Keep playing!" and threw me a quarter. Maybe it'll be lucky...

you kept the rose right?

???? What is the WC Fields approach?

W. C. Fields (January 29, 1880 – December 25, 1946) was an American comedian, actor and juggler. Fields created one of the great American comic personas of the first half of the 20th century: a misanthropic and hard-drinking egotist who remained a sympathetic character despite his snarling contempt for dogs, children, and women.

...taken from wikipedia. I didn't know who he was either.

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.
W. C. Fields

All the men in my family were bearded, and most of the women.
W. C. Fields

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.
W. C. Fields

Anyone who hates children and animals can't be all bad.
W. C. Fields

Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill.
W. C. Fields

Children should neither be seen or heard from - ever again.
W. C. Fields

Don't worry about your heart, it will last you as long as you live.
W. C. Fields

Drown in a cold vat of whiskey? Death, where is thy sting?
W. C. Fields

Hell, I never vote for anybody, I always vote against.
W. C. Fields

Here lies W. C. Fields. I would rather be living in Philadelphia.
W. C. Fields

Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
W. C. Fields

I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
W. C. Fields

I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison.
W. C. Fields

I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.
W. C. Fields

I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

I drink therefore I am.
W. C. Fields

I like children - fried.
W. C. Fields

Top Bottom