Seeking uke donations at Funky Frets and UkeFest VA

Anthroterra

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the best place to post this, or if it's permitted, but I am seeking ukulele donations.
I am a uke teacher in rural WV and also work with adults and children with disabilities. The people in this area are mostly quite poor so, at the school, we sometimes provide lessons via scholarships. I'm hoping to gather instruments for students in need there and for some of the people with disabilities. I've noted that some people with autism, particularly, will strum a uke for HOURS and be greatly soothed by it. When I either hold chords down for them or attach an automatic chord changer, they just light up! Several of my collection are usually lent out. If I can save up enough money to buy more chord changers, I'm even thinking of starting an accessible uke club as an extension of our main uke club here.

So, please bring me your excess or neglected ukes at either of these ukulele festivals. They will be loved! (well, and possibly a bit beat up, but still loved). All sizes and conditions welcome. I can fix them.

I'll be the woman with the cornflower blue/purple fedora.

Top Bottom