Holy Crap, I just bought a Martin Ukulele!

haumaru

Reaction score
I was just at a local guitar shop and saw that they had a Martin S-O ukulele on sale for 179 dollars (US). I had no choice but to take it home with me. This is a week after I just ordered a Kala KA-ASMTEC from MGM. I have to brag about it here because no one around me really cares, and I need some props.:shaka:

Wow, that is awesome! Congratulations. I want a Martin for that cheap too!

That looks like a fair price for an SO. A friend of mine has one, and really likes it.

Enjoy your new little friend.

Ukantor.

Nice buy harmaru. Hope to see some pic's soon.

I was just at a local guitar shop and saw that they had a Martin S-O ukulele on sale for 179 dollars (US). I had no choice but to take it home with me. This is a week after I just ordered a Kala KA-ASMTEC from MGM. I have to brag about it here because no one around me really cares, and I need some props.:shaka:

Pics, or it didn't happen! :D

Is this new or used, American made or Mexican made? Congrats on the purchase you can never own too many. :shaka:

The SO is the current Martin production model - made in Mexico, I believe. They can vary in quality, but if you get a good one at the right price (and that IS the right price) it's a nice instrument.

Ukantor.

Score! I loved the Martin S-O that I had. I sold it and got a vintage one but sometimes I wish I still had that S-O.

Enjoy and make some sweet sweet music
;)

Is that the one made in Mexico??

it's the one on the left. Made in Mexico, sold to me new, don't know how old it is, serial is in the 5100s.

Attachments

• Photo_060109_004.jpg
    Photo_060109_004.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Photo_060109_002.jpg
    Photo_060109_002.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 30
Score! I loved the Martin S-O that I had. I sold it and got a vintage one but sometimes I wish I still had that S-O.

Enjoy and make some sweet sweet music
;)

Thanks Aldrine! And thank you and your friends for Ukulele Underground, it's the best ukulele site on the net. You guys have taught me more about the uke than anyone else. :shaka:

Awesome deal on a solid Mahogany 'ukulele especially with the Martin name, and design. Can wait to hear how she sounds. :music:

Welcome to the Martin club :cheers:

Looks a lot like my vintage style O.

Top Bottom