FS: Ohana TK-35 Solid Mahogany Tenor

Cluze

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
For sale: Ohana TK-35 all solid mahogany tenor . EDIT: SOLD!

Please note: This instrument is "B" stock. It has a few minor cosmetic imperfections, but is otherwise perfectly sound. (And sounding...)

My wife and I have a severe case of UAS, and are trying to combat it by parting with some of our instruments that don't see a lot of play time, but certainly deserve to be played. I purchased this instrument new in 2017 from Elderly Instruments, in Lansing, MI. It was my go-to tenor until I realized that I very much prefer concert scale instruments.

i-hMQRxXZ-L.jpg

All solid mahogany top back and sides, in matte finish, tenor scale. Geared closed back tuners, tie-bar bridge.

As noted at the top, this is technically a B-stock instrument. Ohana sometimes has some instruments that have a few blemishes and can't pass normal inspection but they are otherwise structurally sound. This one has a few finish imperfections here and there, but nothing glaringly wrong and they just give it more character. It has a little strum wear on the fretboard, and a bit of shine on the base side of the upper bout from play.

i-PW44hgF-M.jpg

It sounds and plays great, but I just don't really play it these days. Currently strung high-G with Fremont Blackline fluorocarbon strings. It has lived its entire life in a smoke-free, pet-free, climate controlled home, with special attention paid to humidification.

$180 shipped via USPS, with canvas covered foam-core case included, to the lower 48. (Paypal preferred.) The fingerboard and bridge are rosewood, so I don't want to deal with paperwork headache of shipping this ex-US. If you are interested, send me a DM, and thanks for looking!

More pictures can be found in this gallery.

(All measurements made by me, using a caliper)
Nut width: 36 mm
A-to-G string spacing: 28.5 mm
Frets to body: 14
Frets total: 19
Outward markers: 5-7-10-12-15
Side dots: 5-7-10-12

EDITED to insert pics and link.

Last edited:
I just got the same one but won't be seeing it until I go back to my home country at the end of year... So your post just made me even more impatient to try it out :)

I just got the same one but won't be seeing it until I go back to my home country at the end of year... So your post just made me even more impatient to try it out :)

The Ohana -35 series are great instruments, particularly for their price. We actually own the SK-35, the CK-35, and are now selling off the TK-35. It was our little family of Ohanas, or an Ohana Ohana, if you will. (Since ohana is the Hawaiian word for family...)

I hope you have safe travels home and can enjoy your tenor!

This one has been sold.

Thank you all for looking, and more fruits of our ongoing battle with UAS will be posting soon!

Top Bottom