Money No Object!

Witters

Reaction score
High Folks,

I’m trying to source opinions on what Ukulele “You” would buy if money was no object - but it can only be 1 Ukulele, and it “cannot” be made by a Luthier!.

Money is relative if you have enough of it not to worry about anything, but that does not mean by having it you automatically seek something in the “higher” bracket.

It could be that a Concert Mango Pono you wanted for $500, you can now have, or a Soprano Zebrawood O’Hana for $300 - a Concert Koa Kanilea that MGM has sitting on the shelf, or the Tenor Fluke he has in the corner.

I have thought about this and I can’t decide - can you???:)

Anything is fine as long as its not made for you:)

It could be that you really want that Kala to be in Uke heaven, because you have played one and love it to bits, so not always a Kamaka special addition will be as good....not easy to choose is it?:)...or is it?

If Aldrine gets the Kanilea, I'd take his Kamaka that I'm sure he wouldn't use anymore.:D

I'd either want a Kamaka H3 or a KoAloha tenor. Hopefully I could find one made out of a particularly pretty piece of wood.

High Folks,

I’m trying to source opinions on what Ukulele “You” would buy if money was no object - but it can only be 1 Ukulele, and it “cannot” be made by a Luthier!.

Money is relative if you have enough of it not to worry about anything, but that does not mean by having it you automatically seek something in the “higher” bracket.

It could be that a Concert Mango Pono you wanted for $500, you can now have, or a Soprano Zebrawood O’Hana for $300 - a Concert Koa Kanilea that MGM has sitting on the shelf, or the Tenor Fluke he has in the corner.

I have thought about this and I can’t decide - can you???:)

Great minds think alike, I just made a thread on this last week, check out their replies:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13854

OOPS,

Sorry folks, I missed this:(

I just looked and I even posted in it...DOH

didn't we have a topic super recently like this. (hahaha beat me to it `UkuleleD! I knew I saw this somewhere)

but to reiterate:
road toad bass uke
keith ogata kinohi tenor
kamaka lili`u with master grade koa.

Last edited:
I know someone here will know the manufacturer but on my last trip to Maui, I saw this fantastic Koa Concert Pineapple Sundae. The sound and action were fantastic, it the craftsmanship outstanding. A true piece of art both from a musical and an astetic perspective.

I will keep my KoAloha concert. Although maybe go with an extended neck, but I'm not sure why.

Top Bottom