Uke Lesson 18 - Gives You Hell

Hello all you awesome Children of the Underground! June is here - new Uke Lesson commin at ya!

Uke Lesson 18 - Gives You Hell

Play-Along coming soon. Check out the Verse Pattern and Bridge Pattern and tell us what you think. In those sections, we used a very Guitar-Hero-esque method of imparting fingerpicking info - Did it make sense to you? Was it confusing? hard to follow?

Also if you've got questions, comments, suggestions, favorite words - post them here! Woot.

I always wanted to learn a rock band kinda song!

Thanks Again!!

another great lesson. i absolutely loved that "rhythm picking" visual part. it's got the feel of ukulele-hero. nice one on ya, uu.

freakin amazing aldrine keep up the good work another home run you definitely need a nick name buddy or at least something else to go by not saying your name is bad or anything but it would be cool to come up with something.
also, you should tab out a sheet for this so that it would be easier to follow along and practice instead of having to watch the video a few times and write it out on my own. just some advice to help make this site even more amazing then it already is.

Those were some nice diagrams Aaron :rock:
Thanks for the lesson!

great lesson and all, but i was convinced for some strangr reason that u were gonna do a hip-hop song....

It's a great lesson !

Hi Aldrine,
Any play along video on youtube this time?

Dude. Those animations. They are rocking my world. SO AWESOME.

Maybe I'm in a weird state of mind. But man those are awesome.

And btw, that bend on the 7th fret is impossible on Aquilas. I can only bend a half step up...any more and something is going to break...I really need to swap these out for Worths...

And I like the shirt and song choice.

Last edited:
Play-Along, engage! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liHhIbxGsQA

Sorry it took an extra day to get the Play-Along edited and online. Check it out and post all your criticisms below!

THANKS to everyone who watched the lesson and commented about the animations! Took a little longer than usual to create, but now that it's set up, we can whip it out whenever the lesson calls for it. Anyone totally HATE these animations?? Feedback is always welcome.

Haha, Aldrine had a tough time singing this one. Don't be too rough on him. :D

Oops, forgot to mention - if you're having some trouble with the 7th fret bend during the picking, try out the Two-Finger method that Aldrine mentioned in Uke Minutes 47 - How to Bend a Note! It works!

Sweet!Ditto awesome Uke Hero animation like Deach said. Can't wait to learn it!

Gawd I love this song but... this was just way out of my range hahaha. I apologize for that.

The guitar parts were nice so that's why I decided on doing this song. I didn't know what I got myself into. By the time I realized I couldn't sing this song, it was the middle of the month already so I couldn't do another song. Bah. Hahahaha the lesson turned out okay though. Hahah

hope you guys enjoy.

Top Bottom