DUU: Driving Under the Ukulele

ukebrudder

UU+
Reaction score
A song came on the other day and I could help but reach around to my back seat and pull out my ukulele and start playing along. Stupid, yes. Hard, not so much.

How many people out there have played their ukulele while driving?! :eek:

Yeah... I played mine on the highway yesterday while driving haha. I was bored, grabbed a uke from my passenger seat, turned off the radio and starting kingking out the jams. I got funny looks from people passing me :rofl:

I don't see it being too too bad, since I drive with my knees all the time.

Friends don't let friends plink and drive.

JJ

I have played during rush hour and when entering construction sites that have stalled. I have not tried to play while riding the Harley yet, maybe one day.

I keep my "scratch and dent" soprano in my truck most of the time. I don't play while driving, but if I'm in a traffic jam or a red light I pick it up and play. In my truck is actually one of the only places I can play w/o bothering anyone with my bad strumming.

While in motion? No.

But I have one in the car when I go pick up the girls from school or know that I will have a wait of some duration. The uke is small enough to sit on the seat beside me. And it will fit between me and the steering wheel for playing while waiting for whomever it is I went to get gets out.

Can't do that with a guitar, cello, or piano.:music:

I can understand it in stop and go traffic, but not in regular traffic. It's tough enough to dodge the crowd doing eye make-up, eating & talking on the cell phone, or reading the newspaper while driving....

I'm really glad I live in a state where no one plays the ukulele now... People are bad enough at driving when they're paying attention.

I've done it (for a few feet/yards). I was stopped at a red light...when the light turned green, I had to finish the verse (right?). I usually take my soprano uke with me when I have to pick my kids up from work. That's when I get my best practice in.

I keep my "scratch and dent" soprano in my truck most of the time. I don't play while driving, but if I'm in a traffic jam or a red light I pick it up and play. In my truck is actually one of the only places I can play w/o bothering anyone with my bad strumming.

I used to do the same thing all the time.

As much as I love Victoria, this is sheer stupidity.

Which part? Driving while playing the uke?

Or driving while playing the uke and then posting a video of it on YouTube?

I hope no one forwards it to her insurance company. :p

JJ

I've never played while actually driving like most of you but at the lights or a jam im playing!

Top Bottom