Ukulele as Art

rossjr

Reaction score
I might have posted part of this earlier but just curious to see how many other people might be in this dilemma...

My wife and I love Hawaii so much we have decorated our Living and Dining room with a Hawaiian theme. In addition to artwork and other decorations and furniture, my wife is quite insistant that my Ukulele's hang on the wall and not in their cases. 75% of the time this is not a problem, but during the winter it can be an issue due to the lack of humidity, the size of the room and height of the ceilings. Still working on finding that right balance...

So who here displays thier Uke's and how many have to find that right balance so as not to risk the health of the instrument?

I only keep one uke out of the case at a time. In winter they all live in their cases. It is WAY too dry here in the winter to even think about it. Maybe buy some cheap ukes for display.

(see you at Orchestra tomorrow)

Get a cheap laminate for the display and leave it there permanently for guest to tool around with without fear of damaging a decent 'ukulele.

Mine are all hung on the wall with some led light strips behind 2 of them, don't think I have to worry about humidity here in the UK.
I hope the lights don't damage them, they don't produce any heat, but they do look cool

I admit it, mine hang on the wall. I know they are supposed to be in cases, but I really like the way they look and want the easy access to them. Plus, my cat would destroy my case if I left it out, and she ignores these on the wall.

Just a FYI ultra violet rays will fade any fancy grains you have showing on wood over time so keep out of sunlight especially direct sunlight as much as reasonable unless fancy grains are not important to you. ;)

Top Bottom