Martin Style 2 Tenor Vs Martin IZ Tenor

keenonuke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
For some time I've been mulling over about the Martin Tenor. I do have a style 2 Soprano which I love.

I don't own either a Martin Style 2 Mahogany Tenor Martin or an IZ Commemorative Tenor. But I wonder do they sound different? For those of you with either, videos or link most welcome. And are there any finish issues with either.

Thanks so much for input

That's a tough choice because the Iz uke is certainly distinctive - and more expensive. I had the Iz, but sold it. A friend bought a Style 2 and loved it. That got me looking online. I found a nice Style 2 tenor for a good price and bought that. I doubt there would be a significant difference in sound between them. Someone posted about a finish issue with his Iz tenor, but I don't think that's a universal complaint.

My Martin 1T IZ has a matt finish. Which I think dulls the very pretty solid quilted mahogany body. I buffed it a little with a cloth which gave it more of a satin finish. It helped it's looks. It also came with PegHed tuners. Which I replaced with Gotoh UPT-L tuners.

I don't know anything about the Style 2. But those may be comparison differences.

Top Bottom