I got two questions

I have no idea about the strings, but you can get an industrial file to use on the fret wire. have to be careful though. Try the Search Function to get answers. Most of the questions people ask have already been asked and talked about in full.

I also have a question. (I couldnt find it while using the search function :eek:)

Does anyone know what type of uke Iz used. I think i remember someone saying it was a long necked soprano??

File the frets flush using a fine tooth file and a light easy touch not rushing the job and filing the fretboard. The concert strings are just a tad thicker but the thinner soprano strings should work fine on your concert.

Last edited:
Iz played a tenor . . .

Thanks for the help. I have filed down the frets and now moving up and down the neck is no problem

Also the frets kind of stick out on the side, what can I use to fix this?
Hardware stores often sell sets of "hobbyist" files. These are small files for more detailled work, often with a face 1/4" or smaller. Very fine ribbing, too, for smooth finishes. You can use one - carefully and gently - to smooth the fret wires if it's rated for metal. Do a couple of strokes, test, then repeat as necessary. And loosen or remove the strings, first.​

Top Bottom