Your Desert Island Ukulele CD

Ed1

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
With the gift giving season approaching, I'm thinking of buying some friends and family ukulele CDs to hear what I'm so passionate about. I need some help on what to gift. And yes, I'll buy a couple of these for myself for listening and learning.

If you could have only one ukulele CD on your desert island with you, what would it be? For me, it would be

"J.S. Bach: Partita No. 3 ..." by John King

I appreciate Ben Carr's ukulele music primarily because it doesn't sound like the usual ukulele music: upbeat, edentate jazz or elevator music with a Reggae beat. So I would grab something like his River's View of Sunrise or he put out a CD of some live performances before that.

My first thought was Fascinating Rhythm, a fine collection of tunes from Cliff Edwards, which remains a favourite. On the whole, though, I think it would be just pipped at the post by Tyrone and Lesley's Optimism, which manages to be funny, uplifting and - yes - hugely optimistic, all qualities I'd appreciate on a desert island.

Jake Shimabukuro - Across The Universe.
As a Beatles fan, this combines the best of both worlds. :)

Depends. You could do a mix with all your favorites on it. But, if that seems “cheap”, then it depends on taste. Personally, I’d go with the Eddie Vedder CD.

KANILE`A Kanilea Album: Ola K `Āina

Corey Fujimoto

Fables

^^ First Ukulele album I purchased.

Right now, my Desert Island Disc would be this

https://www.kanileaukulele.com/kani...ina-an-album-project-to-save-hawaiis-forests/

BackCover-1200x1200.jpg

Here are the CD's mentioned so far:

J.S. Bach: Partita No. 3 ... -> John King
River's View of Sunrise -> Ben Carr
Optimism -> Tyrone and Lesley's
Across The Universe -> Jake Shimabukuro (CD?)
Fables -> Corey Fujimoto
Ukulele Songs -> Eddie Vedder
Kanile`a's Ola Ka `Āina -> Various Artists

If anyone else adds to it before the end of the month, I'll do another summary then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom