NUD... Almost. Blue Frog semi-custom super soprano

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've never been able to brag up in-process build pics before, so thought I'd better take the opportunity.

This is Vic's fine work on a Blue Frog super soprano:

Spruce top, walnut back & sides, maple neck with walnut center stripe, ebony fretboard and binding, with black and white purfling. I asked for a shout out to Pohaku on the fret markers, and UPT tuners. Gonna be purty! The excitement is building.....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2zgvrzKqa4X1CQ2i6

I think his base price of $420 (before the fancy stuff) is ridiculously good for this level of work. Vic is building several - I don't know how many are spoken for. (Just don't be finicky about finish date - the guy is a perfectionist - and a little [EDIT:a lot] pokey. )

Last edited:
Ooh, looking forward to this one!

Can't wait to see and hear this! That's beautiful work he's doing.

I knew Vic when I lived in Cincinnati. He is a humble, extremely nice individual and makes some of the best ukuleles you can get. He is very particular about getting everything right in his builds. I kept telling Vic that he wasn't pricing his instruments high enough, the value far exceeds the low price he asks. I have a Blue Frog soprano with a Tiki god inlay on the headstock that I treasure very much. It plays easy and sings out loud easily comparable to the older Martins.

It's not just going to be gorgeous, it's going to put a smile in your heart every time you pick it up and play it. My blue frog soprano is my favorite favorite favorite ukulele ever. It chimes, it shimmers, and it has Vics juju. He's a master craftsman, very generous and easy to work with. Much under priced works of art and fun to play.

Can't wait to see more photos. You're lucky to be getting one, they are gorgeous.

I knew Vic when I lived in Cincinnati. He is a humble, extremely nice individual and makes some of the best ukuleles you can get. He is very particular about getting everything right in his builds. I kept telling Vic that he wasn't pricing his instruments high enough, the value far exceeds the low price he asks. I have a Blue Frog soprano with a Tiki god inlay on the headstock that I treasure very much. It plays easy and sings out loud easily comparable to the older Martins.

Golly, if YOU who have cycled through so many fine ukes have a Blue Frog for a "keeper", I know it's going to be great!

Thanks to all for writing... makes me even more excited...

Last edited:
I am on the list of super sopranos and I am super excited about it.

Completed!

I never shared the completed uke.
Just added photos to the album today.

Beautiful appointments. The top and bottom are actually richer/darker in real life - photos must have some glare.
Sounds fantastic, plays like butter.
I requested a slender Martin like neck, and it's perfect.
Also has little more nut width like a Kiwaya, which I prefer.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2zgvrzKqa4X1CQ2i6

Last edited:
For a second, I thought I was looking at someone's fingers holding a tiny, intricate ukulele. What is this, a soprano for ants?

Anyway, amazing uke, even if it's not ant-sized!

For a second, I thought I was looking at someone's fingers holding a tiny, intricate ukulele. What is this, a soprano for ants?

Anyway, amazing uke, even if it's not ant-sized!

Not sure why it looked so small to you, perhaps the big chair it's on? Anyway, soprano size with concert length neck.
It's a keeper.

Lucky you, Tracie, that's beautiful. I'veb heard so much good about them, and thought of getting one. This is nice--vicarious ownership.

Not sure why it looked so small to you, perhaps the big chair it's on? Anyway, soprano size with concert length neck.
It's a keeper.

Haha, yeah, for a split second the chair looked like fingers to me.

Anyway, it looks great. I like the headstock in particular. Classy shape, dark (ebony?) faceplate, UPTs, the frogprint inlay. The fretboard markers are a nice touch as well. That's a beaut!

Would love to see pics of that one if you ever want to share...

Top Bottom