Adf#b

Ukebottom

Reaction score
I have a Bushman pineapple, and am told the body is made from unusually thin wood. Is there any reason to believe that tuning her to ADF#B might cause too much stress? Thanks

Aquila also makes a soprano set optimized for the (re-entrant) "aDF#B" tuning. They're nice because they don't feel too "tensiony" when they're brought up to that tuning. I'm guessing the GHS set mentioned by Jim would be similar. But a regular set of Martin M-600's, tuned up to aDF#B, should be just fine too and not cause any concerns.

I have a Bushman pineapple, and am told the body is made from unusually thin wood. Is there any reason to believe that tuning her to ADF#B might cause too much stress? Thanks

I would contact the manufacturer. They should know the stress it can handle.

I would contact the manufacturer. They should know the stress it can handle.

Although I'm aware of Aquila's string set for ADF#B tuning, whenever I look for them, I can't seem to find them anywhere, although having just said that I see SUS have some in stock so I'll give them a try.

https://www.southernukulelestore.co.uk/aquila-nylgut-soprano-key-of-d-ukulele-strings-33u/

I would also mention Worth BL (brown, lightweight) strings. It's been a while since I used them, but if I recall they felt good in ADF#B tuning too.

Top Bottom