The Strap Point on Flea and Fluke

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I recently found out that the Flea and the Fluke have a place to attach a strap. I think it was Hendulele who told me about that. He told me about attaching a button to the underside of the Flea/Fluke.

Where the body meets the neck, there is a little loop that is perfect for attaching a strap. I used a couple of keyrings and a snap hook. It was hard finding an appropriate snap hook, and these are a bit on the small side, but I doubt I'll be removing it very often. The strap matches the "Starry Night" Neck Illusions graphic on the fretboard.

About those snap hooks - I got a pack of 120 hooks and rings for $8.99. Yes, I got more than I needed, but that's how they are sold.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SW2HH7L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Strap Button.jpg Strap Button 02.jpg Strap Button 03.jpg

Personally, I would not want anything metallic in that location (or anywhere on my strap), too much potential for extraneous jangle noise while playing. I'd much prefer a leather shoelace there. I have that little hook on my concert Flea too, but just prefer to tie the leather shoelace/strap onto the upper edge of the headstock, it just hangs and works better for me. YMMV.

Looks like that’ll work, Jerry! Very spiffy!

I do not use a metal connector at that point on a flea.

Eventually it will wear away the plastic and also the plastic will break before the metal if it gets stuck on something.

I suggest that you remove the metal components and replace them with a thin strip of cotton or silk cloth, which is what I use on my Fleas. Look for a piece of material the is strong enough to take the weight, but will rip or break before the plastic loop does if there is too much pressure.

I suppose that could be a concern, but considering the weight of the Flea and how much I play it, I'm not going to lie awake at night worrying about it.

Top Bottom