Uke Dimensions

keenonuke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Does anyone know the width, depth of the Martin Concerts. And for other brands how deep are these? Info on the Martins would be most appreciated.

I think I need to adjust how I play but I'm finding playing on thinner instruments more comfortable. I tend to "feel it" in my right forearm. The doctor is suggesting OT and states it's not overuse like carpel tunnel but that I need to strengthen all parts of my arm :'(

I have a Martin C1K.

Depth at the bottom of the lower bout is 2-3/4 in
Depth at the heel of the neck is 2-1/4 in (add about 3/16 in to the top of the 12th fret)
Width of the lower bout is 7-5/8 in
Width of the upper bout is 5-11/16 in

For comparison my Kremona Coco measurements are:
Depth at the bottom of the lower bout is 2-5/8 in
Depth at the heel of the neck is 2-5/8 in (add about 3/16 in to the top of the 12th fret)
Width of the lower bout is 8-1/8 in
Width of the upper bout is 5-15/16 in

Those are my only concerts.
Hope this helps.

If people know k brand Concert dimensions, that would be good to know. Thanks all.

Not what you're asking, but just in case it's of any interest to you:
There are "slim" versions of ukuleles from some makers. I know I saw a LoPrinzi on the Uke Republic site a while back, (not currently listed), that had a slimmer body than the usual LoPrinzi, and in the more expensive range, Kinnard has a "slim line" listed on their site. I'm sure that others have "slim" versions as well, but those are the 2 that I'm aware of.

I have a Kanilea C1K 2010

Depth at the bottom of the lower bout is 2-1/2 in
Depth at the heel of the neck is 2-3/8 in
Width of the lower bout is 8 in
Width of the upper bout is 5-3/4 in

Top Bottom