Flea/Fluke Fretboard Removal

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I have an old Fluke that I'm going to play around with. It has the plastic fretboard - not my favorite. I could put a Neck Illusions graphic on it, buy a wooden board from Magic Fluke, or make my own. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

Putting a Neck Illusions graphic over a nice, wooded fretboard would defeat the purpose of using a wooden board.

Just out of curiosity, I slid a knife blade under the board, and I was able to remove it easily. I'm going to be painting the front of the uke, and having the board off will make it easier. Since I'm not even close to being an artist, I'm hesitating to start painting a scene.

I'd like to see Magic Fluke sell scenic overlays for Fleas and Flukes. I mentioned this to them, but I guess they're busy enough.

Year ago I remember bari player Pete Zaccagnino https://unclezac.com/home who has a background in graphic arts was talking about producing different overlays and graphics for the flukes. He may have even discussed it with Dale Webb, but I don't know what ever became of that idea. You could talk to him for his ideas and suggestions.

Top Bottom