Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Fyi for the community:

I just got notice that the price on these dropped to $25+
It's a nice case, built like a tank (much heavier than most), BUT with a too-high neck rest for many sops.
Perfect, however, for the slender neck of vintage sopranos (EDIT: OLDER Martins, etc) .

Rockbag RC Standard Line Ukulele Hard Case Black - Soprano https://reverb.com/item/3620783-roc...prano?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=share

Last edited:
This is a great deal! Tracie, or anyone that owns one of these, are you aware if this case has a foam piece of protruding material that runs down the inside center of the case lid....or is it open? I am not partial to raised foam, as it tends to put pressure on the strings and bridge over time.

~Jodie

This is a great deal! Tracie, or anyone that owns one of these, are you aware if this case has a foam piece of protruding material that runs down the inside center of the case lid....or is it open? I am not partial to raised foam, as it tends to put pressure on the strings and bridge over time.

~Jodie

Jodie,
The Rockcase does have an area that is extra padding on the lid from the bridge to the bottom of the fretboard, like you're talking about.
However, it's very soft.
I think it actually helps protect the uke from knocking or jiggling against the top of the case.

OK, here it is with my Weymann. My 1920's Martin fits just as well. EDIT: The 60's Martin is actually too deep for an easy fit.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XyXzs8EiDdStPx7S9

Seller does themselves no favors with inadequate pics.
It has three gigantic buckles and a lock. SO MUCH BETTER than the generic hard cases on Ebay for the similar price (but again, it doesn't fit all necks).

Looking at it again just made me buy another at this great price. Don't tell my spouse, LOL.

Last edited:
Tracie-

Thanks for posting pics! Padding in the lid doesn't look bad. I ordered one, which I think will fit one of my soprano's quite nicely.

Cheers!
~Jodie

Last edited:
Would a Koaloha long neck soprano fit in this case??

Would a Koaloha long neck soprano fit in this case??

I think not.
In my experience the Crossrock 800 series and UkeCrazy cases are extra long, though it's hard to score a cheap one.

I've also found some of the generic Chinese hard cases (black vinyl with red stitching) on Ebay to be oversized. Cheap but not as nice.

Well, dang.
Just got my second one of these. Not as happy.
Neck rest is even slightly higher, and a little crooked.
There must be some quality control issues.
Too bad, as it's such a nice case otherwise.
Closing this thread.
Jodie, I hope yours has no probs...

I was feeling guilty for recommending these after my second one showed issues (above).

I'm opening the thread back up to say that the the seller was more than gracious about giving me my money back.
(Just in "case" that anyone received a dud where neck rest is too high to be useful.)

They didn"t even require a return. Which is good, because they sent the case double boxed in an ENORMOUS box that I think must have cost my whole purchase price to ship out!

To avoid the landfill, I'm thinking about taking the case apart to see if it can be adjusted somehow.
Neck rest and storage box appear to be connected, but there are screws on the side that might allow the unit to come out...

I'll close the thread again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom