Strings, string reviews, etc

ukulelebadass

Reaction score
It seems an inordinately large number of the posts here pertain to strings. What strings to use, how to choose strings. I see these types of questions posted in an array of boards, uke talk, beginners, tech support, tips and techniques.

Perhaps a board devoted to strings would cut back on some of these repetitive posts and threads. Where people could review strings, and make suggestions about which strings they like on particular uke makes and models, offering a starting point for folks who are looking for this information rather than just posting another thread about what strings they should buy.

Last edited:
It seems an inordinately large number of the posts here pertain to strings. What strings to use, how to choose strings. I see these types of questions posted in an array of boards, uke talk, beginners, tech support, tips and techniques.

Perhaps a board devoted to strings would cut back on some of these repetitive posts and threads. Where people could review strings, and make suggestions about which strings they like on particular uke makes and models, offering a starting point for folks who are looking for this information rather than just posting another thread about what strings they should buy.

I was just about to post something like this. Instead...I'll second the motion. :shaka:

Somebody on this forum tried setting up a string database where we were supposed to submit reviews and comparisons. He set up a site on google or some-such place but I don't think many people participated and I can't find the link so...

Somebody on this forum tried setting up a string database where we were supposed to submit reviews and comparisons. He set up a site on google or some-such place but I don't think many people participated and I can't find the link so...

That sucks. :rolleyes:

I think a dedicated string section would definitely help out the new folks.

I think this is the thread you're referring to . . .

Top Bottom