What is UWC?

Choboy

Reaction score
Dear Ukulele Underground Members,
Being a member since April 2009, I have self-determined that I have seniority over many other members. If you estimate the number of posts I have submitted, you get an estimated 100 posts. Round that up to the nearest thousand and you get 1000 posts. 1000 posts means I'm halfway to Ukulele Hero!

Just kidding. But what is Ukulele World Congress? Do include personal stories and favorite moments!

Last edited:
Choboy,

It hasn't happened yet. So you have the opportunity to be part of it. It starts this Friday and continues through Sunday (or longer) in Needmore Indiana just outside of Nashville. Mike from Mainland Ukes has procured some cabins, camping space and a tent the size of a circus (maybe all three rings) in an idyllic spot in the middle of nowhere. It's just a big weekend uke party without much of a format. (But then, when you have ukuleles why would you need a format?) Folks are coming from all over the US, with at least France and England represented as well.

Needless to say, I think this will be an event that will need to be experienced to be believed. There's still time for you to come. We hope you can join us to create some of those personal stories and favorite moments.

This is the first year for it, it takes place this weekend in Brown County Indiana. Mainland is sponsoring it. There's a whole thread about it in regional get togethers :D. It sounds like a rip roarin good time, that we have to miss :(

I'm sure everyone will have some great stories.

i was debating if i should go last minute.
the only factor making me not go is work.
=(

im sure this will be a tradition and i wanted to go to the first!!

i was debating if i should go last minute.
the only factor making me not go is work.
=(

im sure this will be a tradition and i wanted to go to the first!!

I think your looking a little ill, are you sure you can make it in to work this weekend? You may need some bed rest. ;)

UWC = Uke-a-palooza! (or Ukestock, depending on your age) :D

Choboy, I am sorry to learn that you are going to be feeling ill this Friday. I am sure by the first part of next week, you will feel much better! All the best.

hahahahaha.
if only life was that easy.
or is it?

if i dont go to uwc (which i probably wont). people must tell their stories after!
and mainland is sponsoring it?!! noooooooooooooooooooooooo. why can't mainland be located on the east coast!

Everyone going has agreed to swear it didn't happen and not spill any details. You're going to have to come if you want to know.

I must say I am a little bummed about not being able to go. I love camping but the wife bought plane tickets to O'ahu so I'll have to go through withdrawls in Paradise at least.

Top Bottom