Remember Pearl Harbor

jnicholes

Reaction score

I dedicate this song, titled "Remember Pearl Harbor," to the people who lost their lives on December 7th, 1941.

Jared

Nice tribute. My father in law worked at Pearl Harbor as a sheet metal worker. The morning of the attack he had just got home around 7:30 am after working the graveyard shift. All employees were called back in to work on the ships that could be salvaged. They worked round the clock for weeks.
Dad was a quiet, thoughtful man. One day were walking near The Honolulu Academy of Art and he began telling me about that day. My wife told me he had never talked about it before.
I don't know what made him bring it up that day. It had to be a traumatic experience for all the military and civilian employees to witness. They simply stepped up to the plate and got the job done. They are all heroes!

Well done.

I had the privilege of meeting and talking to several Pearl Harbor and Hickam Field survivors over the years. Many toured the MAPS Air Museum where I was a docent. (Fancy name for a tour guide.)

All of them lost friends and colleagues that day. Most were reluctant to say much about it.

A former nurse that I talked to, who was in the hospital and helped to save many of the wounded and burned sailors, was still traumatized about it 65 years later. We'd call it PTSD today.

All of them were modest and said they just did their jobs. Truly, the greatest generation.

Top Bottom