Uncle Willie K - O Holy Night

mnb128

Reaction score
With people starting to post Christmas songs, I wanted to call out what, to me, is the most epic (I don't use that word lightly) rendition of a Christmas carol I have ever heard.

It was referenced in the most recent HMS podcast, and I decided to check it out.

All I can say is my mind is still splattered all over the walls after getting completely blown.

If you've never heard it, take a few minutes to listen. If you don't get chills, check your pulse. You may be dead.

There are several versions on Youtube, but the one I listened to I found on Spotify.

Also, Corey, Kalei, and Brittni did there own rendition of it at the end of the podcast. Starts at about 56:30 and is fantastic as well. There's an s-bomb at the end, so fair warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9DKbcxiAqs

I swear, Hawaii is the world's best kept secret when it comes to musical geniuses.

Not sure if this belongs in 'Uke Talk,' but I'm putting it here anyway since there's ukulele playing in the song.

Mele Kalikimaka, everyone!

Last year we were on a cruise that stopped in Honolulu. The Uke Site had just opened a 2nd store at the Salt. It was an easy walk and of course we went there. Cory was telling me about this song by Willie K. He pulled it up so I could listen. Told us he was trying to figure it out. Thought maybe I’d be able to work it out too. Sure, if I suddenly developed Willie K’s skills cause I sure don’t have very many. It was a beautiful version of Holy Night. What a great chance to hear it with the 3 playing it! I remembered it from last year and always wondered. Thanks for sharing it.

Top Bottom