Taking advantage of opportunities.

Rllink

Reaction score
Our uke group has been doing a few holiday performances. We did one on Monday and they had one yesterday morning. I'm building a doll house for my grand daughter and I feel strapped for time, so I bowed out of the one yesterday. So I was going down my stairs with a laundry basket full of laundry to do while I was in the basement painting the doll house and I slipped on the step and fell all the way to the floor. It was about the same time that I would have been going to play my uke if I had not skipped the performance. Short story, I spent most of the day in the ER with bumps, bruises, and some minor internal injuries. I'm back home now. The moral of the story is, if I had just gone to the performance, I wouldn't have been home carrying laundry baskets down the stairs. If you have an opportunity to play your uke, take advantage of it. Don't take the risk of staying home and having an accident of some kind. :)

But if you had gone to the performance you would have been hit by that truck. Because you stayed at home that truck driver made it home in time for his daughters recital instead of going to jail. Because he made it to the recital and gave her a huge confidence boost by praising her she did that much better in school and went on to become the first daughter of a truck driver to be elected president in 2050. She later held a summit with the Martian invaders who were intent on destroying planet earth in 2076 and saved humanity from extermination. All thanks to you falling down the stairs in 2019!

I hope you feel better.

Best wishes for your recuperation. To keep with your thought, I'm the staff photographer for the Los Angeles Lawyers Philharmonic/Legal Voices/Big Band of Barristers, and a member of The CC Strummers seniors ukulele group. If performances coincide, I alway go with my uke group. So far none of the lawyers, judges or legal staff in the orchestra has brought suit.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

But if you had gone to the performance you would have been hit by that truck. Because you stayed at home that truck driver made it home in time for his daughters recital instead of going to jail. Because he made it to the recital and gave her a huge confidence boost by praising her she did that much better in school and went on to become the first daughter of a truck driver to be elected president in 2050. She later held a summit with the Martian invaders who were intent on destroying planet earth in 2076 and saved humanity from extermination. All thanks to you falling down the stairs in 2019!

I hope you feel better.

Good story. A lot of stars would have to align, but it could happen that way. More likely though is that if I had gone to the performance I would have just fallen later on in the day when I went down the stairs with a big basket of laundry. But that's not as good of a story, so we'll just go with yours. :)

Best wishes for a quick recovery.
Glad that the injuries weren't any worse, though with internal injuries, it sounds concerning.

I hope that your granddaughter loves the doll house.

It gives you more time to practice for your next ukulele performance!

I hope you recover quickly and completely and are back to your "normal" self in no time.

Try to perfect that Christmas on Mars instrumental for when we are invaded...

That will teach for doing the laundry.

Hope you recover quickly and fully in time for the Christmas season. Remember.....ukulele good.....laundry bad :p

That’s it, you’re officially banned from housework. Keep ukeing and carry on!

(Get well soon!)

Top Bottom