Need to get a pickup in a hurry

GForce83

Reaction score
Hey all you wonderful people.

I need to get a pickup for my Bushman Concert Jenny and I'm in a bit of a hurry. What would you reccomend? I have no preference for an undersaddle or a stick-on as my drummer is a professional carpenter so I trust him if anything needs to be drilled into by beautiful uke.

Basically, I need to get it sorted and, ideally, I want something I can plug straight into my guitar amp and start playing with.

Any advice? Someone who delivers to the UK and isn't TOO expensive would be greatly appreciated.

Peace, love and lollipops to all.

I would recommend a Mi-Si Acoustic Trio. My husband installed one in my Bushman Engelmann and I loved it so much I had him install one in my Mainland Cedar.

Not sure where to get them in the UK. My last one was about $110US.

So I had to go with what I could get delivered to me (London, UK) and what I could find a vareity of reliably good reviews about - I've gone for a Fishman undersaddle pickup.

My next question for y'all is - bearing in mind i'm going to have to shave the saddle down a bit to get this in, does anyone know if I can buy a replacement saddle at a later date if I decide to swap the pickup out or, if I do get a different pickup later on, should I just leave the undersaddle in it's place and forget about it?

Thanks all.

Top Bottom