Resonator ukulele question

Nickie

Reaction score
What are your favorite strings for your resonator ukulele?
Brand?
Thin? Medium? Heavy?

What are your favorite strings for your resonator ukulele?
Brand?
Thin? Medium? Heavy?

I use PhD and Living Waters on mine. I have a National steel soprano, a Luna Tiki concert and a custom Bluebird56 soprano. Both sopranos are concert scale. ONLY change one string at a time. NEVER remove all the strings at once unless you want to remove the top to make sure cone is placed properly. Resonators need to be professionally cleaned about annually and use a dust blower in between cleanings.

Last edited:
I use PhD and Living Waters on mine. I have a National steel soprano, a Luna Tiki concert and a custom Bluebird56 soprano. Both sopranos are concert scale. ONLY change one string at a time. NEVER remove all the strings at once unless you want to remove the top to make sure cone is placed properly. Resonators need to be professionally cleaned about annually and use a dust blower in between cleanings.

Thanks.
The strings were already replaced by someone on this baby. It needs new ones, or I wouldn't bother. I didn't know about the procedure or the cleaning, thank you.

One of the friction tuners went bad. Can I have them replaced with Gotoh planetarys?

Thanks.
The strings were already replaced by someone on this baby. It needs new ones, or I wouldn't bother. I didn't know about the procedure or the cleaning, thank you.

One of the friction tuners went bad. Can I have them replaced with Gotoh planetarys?

I had the friction tuners on my national replaced with Gotohs. Works quite well - and, I'm told, all new Nationals come with Gotoh Planetary tuners.

Personally, I like Worth Browns, on nearly everything. One of my friends, Michael Eck (the person who told me to change to the Gotoh tuners) is a National endorsed artist; he also suggested I use Worth Browns.

-Kurt​

I had the friction tuners on my national replaced with Gotohs. Works quite well - and, I'm told, all new Nationals come with Gotoh Planetary tuners.

Personally, I like Worth Browns, on nearly everything. One of my friends, Michael Eck (the person who told me to change to the Gotoh tuners) is a National endorsed artist; he also suggested I use Worth Browns.

-Kurt​

I love Worth Browns too. Steve of Beltona suggested D'adarrio Proarte black nylons, so I'm going with his recommendation this time.

He also told me how to take out and lube the friction tuners, so if that works, I'll keep them in for a while.
I just spent a lot of money on 2 other projects.....

But, yeah, Steve likes the Gotohs too. So does Donna Loprinzi...

Wow, Bill, that's a beauty!
It really looks good in blue....was that headstock covering a special order?

Worth Brown Mediums for me. On my home built 'lunchbox' reso they do the business, as loud as needed and also surprisingly gentle if I play that way!

Top Bottom