pick anyone?

h-drix

Reaction score
not finger picking, but a pick of the guitar kind. im guessing its not traditional, or it looked down upon. i think it gives a little more sound for fortissimo.

whats your thoughts?

I think I read somewhere that guitar picks can shorten the life of the strings.

Some songs I play, I think sounds better with a guitar pick tho.

i use thin (both for guitar and uke) i've never liked the feel or tone of anything thicker.

I think I read somewhere that guitar picks can shorten the life of the strings.

i could see that, right now i still have stock strings on my uke, so im not all to worried about it. once i get better strings i'll quit using a pick.

Some people use felt picks for ukulele. I prefer fingers myself.

do you mean blubber? or rubber? ive nver heard of those. doesnt sound like it would be nice to hold.

If u want a pick for the ukulele, the best way to get one is to go natural and jus grow ur thumb nail, i'm in the process of growing mine, almost gettin there.

picks can take away from the rich tone that your fingers give on the strings...
i say just use your finger.
=D

do you mean blubber? or rubber? ive nver heard of those. doesnt sound like it would be nice to hold.
Rubber picks are quite nice. Especially for the newbie when the finger callouses on the strumming hand haven't developed yet (for those that choose not to grow their nails out. Like me). One downside is that after playing for a while, you're covered in what look like eraser shavings.

I haven't tried using just a plain guitar pick yet but I did try a felt pick and hated everything about it. The way it felt, the sound it gave, and the inability to finger pick when needed. I would probably hate a guitar pick just a much.

fingernail for the ukulele :D

i've never played guitar, only uke. I tried using a pick a few times, but liked the sound better from my fingers. I'm trying to discipline myself against busting my nails, but not working too well so far -- at least on the thumb (4 times so far busted the whole thing off right when it started to clear the end of my thumb).

Anyways, after I bust off my thumbnail a couple more times, I'll probably be ready to give a try using a thumb-pick

When I got my first uke it came with all kinds of goodies (books, gig bag, extra strings) and an assortment of picks. When i was first learning how to play I used a felt pick and/or a rubber pick (i think it is called a wedgie). Once i got a little better and started to learn how to stum, i decided to grow out the nails. I perfer nails now but can still play notes with a pick.

When strumming though I dont like the sound and volume the picks produce.

Top Bottom