Blackbird Savoy with Gotoh 510's and Misi (Brand-new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Happy Holidays, Everyone. Make sure you get what you really want this holiday season, a new Blackbird Savoy! ;-)

As I did with high-end custom ukes, I am early in my guitar journey but already enjoying experiencing different guitars. There are so many nice instruments out there to sample, so I buy and sell quite a bit.

I'm offering this new Blackbird Savoy with Gotoh 510 premium tuners (+$175 upgrade) and Misi pickup (+$200 upgrade), bringing the total price if purchased from Blackbird to $2,875 plus shipping and tax and an 8+ week wait.

I just received this Savoy. It still has the plastic on the pick guard. I love the Savoy's compact design, which makes it feel like 3/4 size, so it's super comfortable to hold especially for those of us used to playing uke. Yet it has full-size guitar tone. The worry-free eKoa means no worries about humidity. Together, the effective size and durability of eKoa make it very travel-friendly.

I had a Savoy before and bought another, hoping that with a year more of guitar under my built maybe I could make the 1.75 nut width work for me. Alas, I simply cannot play a 1.75 inch nut width fretboard. If I won the lottery, I would probably pay for a mold so Joe (founder of Blackbird) could offer a 1 7/8 nut width option, my preferred width.

From the Blackbird website:

Savoy is the culmination of Blackbird's focus on compact instruments without compromise. With a big lush vintage tone—this acoustic is without equal for its size. This small body 'O' size acoustic is crafted of Ekoa® linen fiber and plant resin which is lighter and more resonant than conventional materials like Spruce. The one-piece design is lightweight, durable, and weather stable, so you can take your Savoy anywhere.

• Lush voice with amazing dynamics
  • Compact 12-fret body, full size neck AND fits in a 3/4 size case
  • Unique sculpted cutaway with access to highest frets
  • Blackbird's proprietary hollow neck and head sound chamber
  • Easy playability ergonomic neck, body and lower tension 24.5" scale
  • Savoy includes: soft case, rosette, strap buttons, and pickguard (optional).

Offering this for $2,500 shipped CONUS. No trades at this time, unless you have an as-new Collings UT2 Doghair. I always include a 3-day inspection. If not completely satisfied, simply return to me in same condition and I will refund all but the out-bound shipping cost.

Here is a link to my photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pWxCDfpY8hCJBYQLA

dm5dnhWzcTBy6bHZ9.img

I owned the original Savoy that Eddie tried out, and the fact that he would purchase a second one despite preferring a relatively unusual nut width and string spacing speaks to wonderful tone and playability of these fine instruments. And it meets his standards for aesthetics and bling, which are quite high :) For someone making the transition from uke to guitar, this a perfect choice. The body is small and comfortable and the scale length is an inch shorter than standard, and only about 3" longer than most baritone scales. The shorter scale length also creates lower string tension.

Eddies reputation is stellar and he's a wonderful ambassador of the ukulele community. Personally, i've had the pleasure of doing multiple deals with him, and could not give anyone a higher recommendation ~

Hi,
I’m the final owner of that 1st Savoy. My go to uke is a Blackbird carbon fiber tenor. I was starting to take guitar lessons when I bought the Savoy and it was easy to go from the uke. Size was right for me. Eddie’s loss will be someone’s gain. I like the clean sound Blackbird instruments have.

Thank you, Kevin and Shirley for the kind words. I have an offer on this over at AGF that is a little lower than I hoped given it is brand new. So I am holding out for a few days if anyone wants to grab it at list, don't hesitate!

Happy New Year to everyone and hope 2020 is filled with music, health and happiness.

I'd like to vouch for Ukulele Eddie. I have purchased from him and can unhesitatingly say that he is a straight-up person with integrity. He's speedy and reliable.

His instruments are in the condition he states. (Almost always pristine.) He takes great care in packing and shipping.

If you are on the fence about whether to purchase, because you don't know much about him, I'd say, "go for it." It's always been a pleasure to buy from him.

Thanks for the vouch, Kenn2018. I've decided to hang onto this as I'm getting a little more adept at the narrower UT width.

Look for some ukes posted in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom