Reading Ukulele Magazine Online

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I get an email from Ukulele Magazine that lets me read articles before the print copy arrives. Lately, whenever I click on an article, I get an offer to download Adobe Flash Player. With most things like this, there's an X to close that window, but not with this one. I can't read anything from the mag.

Have any of you run into this?

Uke Mag Problem.jpg

EDIT: I kept clicking on the same article, and eventually, I was able to get to the article.

Last edited:
(It says Close in the bottom right corner(?).)

Maybe press the 'esc' key will close it, otherwise, run your mouse cursor around the edges, sometimes they have hidden controls.
(Right clicking on it may also bring up a menu to close it.)

Last edited:
(It says Close in the bottom right corner(?).)

Maybe press the 'esc' key will close it, otherwise, run your mouse cursor around the edges, sometimes they have hidden controls.
(Right clicking on it may also bring up a menu to close it.)

That "Close" is for the picture on UU. It was only by clicking on the link half a dozen times that I could get through. This has happened in the past, too.

I'm surprised that Adobe is still pushing Flash.

https://lifehacker.com/you-really-shouldnt-be-running-adobe-flash-player-anymo-1829721122

Do you use an adblocker? Different ones work in different ways, but I would imagine that at least some of them would block this sort of thing.

I had the same problem, Jerry. I didn't find a solution, & gave up on it.

Huh. I just click on the article, and it opens- no mention of Flash at all.

I also should be getting a digital download of the magazine, but realized I haven't gotten one since June 2019...

Same here. Workaround was to click on the magazine and not the article. Then find the article and click on it.

I also should be getting a digital download of the magazine, but realized I haven't gotten one since June 2019...

Been wondering about that too — when is the pdf link to the Spring issue supposed to be mailed to subscribers?

And I have that adobe flash ad come up too, maybe because of the ad blocker I am using.

They'll have to come up with another option. Don't know if it's just Mac, but it seems like they're killing Flash next year

They'll have to come up with another option. Don't know if it's just Mac, but it seems like they're killing Flash next year

I'm using Windows, and used to be able to read articles on their website, but now get the same problem as Jerry.

It's probably very difficult to work with all the different operating systems and devices, but it used to work, so I'm not sure what changed.

"Adobe made an announcement in 2017 that by 2020, they will no longer support the flash player plug-in. Google and Microsoft have announced that they will disable the plug-in by default in their browsers by early 2020."

Top Bottom