Creating song sheets with both DGBE and GCEA chord diagrams

Arcy

Strummin' in the Rain
Reaction score
Hi all,

What tools are you all using to create PDF song sheets with chord diagrams for both baritone and tenor/concert/soprano players?

I've been writing up song sheets in ChordPro format and generating PDFs with the reference implementation. This works great to display chord diagrams on the side or top for GCEA tuning or for DGBE tuning, but I'd like to include chords for both on the same page.

The reference implementation doesn't look like it does multiple instrument diagrams. Are there other implementations that will do so?

I'm not wedded to ChordPro, but I'd like to stay with a simple markup language rather than manually laying out in a WYSIAYG editor.

--Rob

Well I'm not sure just how simple you need it to be, but Chordette from Ukefarm is available for for standard Uke and baritone.

https://apps.ukefarm.com/

Thanks Besley. Chordette doesn’t address the problem I’m looking at. It’s a font set for WYSIWYG editing: you can use the font to manually lay out a sheet in a word processor.

I want to stay with a markup solution where I can provide simple data (lyrics and chords) and then let the software lay it out. I can do this with ChordPro for a single instrument and decide when I process the PDF if I want to transpose and which chords to use (Baritone, TCS, Mandolin, Guitar). The only thing I can’t do that I’m looking for is to generate two instrument diagrams on one page.

I suspect (hope) there’s software out there that will do this with ChordPro or a similar format.

Last edited:
Top Bottom