For Sale: Kanilea Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeLoveUkes

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I usually use ebay but I'm getting so sick of fees(ebay, more like feebay). Hopefully someone here has been waiting for this:

attachment.php

This is a like new Kanile'a solid koa soprano with factory installed fully functional under saddle pickup.
The koa on this is Kanilea's K-2 curly koa, and some of the most beautiful I've laid eyes on.
Paua Mother-of-Pearl fret markers and side position dots. Rosewood fretboard. Ivoroid binding with
matching white rosette. Chrome geared grover tuners. Stock high g aquila strings. Stunning condition!

These retail 750$ new acoustic only and anywhere from $100-200 extra for the pickup, so I will
let this go for $600 + actual shipping. It did not come with a case but nonetheless I will professionally pack
it, and with special request can include an old tenor fiberboard case complimentary(but shipping will be
more as dimensions/weight will increase). No trades, I'm selling because I need the money before the middle of July.

Please feel free to PM me if interested or if you have any questions,
Thanks

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
More pictures(the pictures are great but they still do not display the full beauty of the koa when in the light)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Wasn't this just sold on Flea Market Music? :confused:

Wasn't this just sold on Flea Market Music? :confused:

Flea Market Music? No this is not sold - what I meant was I was going to sell it on ebay but after doing the math I would have to pay about 40$ in ebay fees + whatever paypal charged me...not worth it =\. Are you interested in buying it or....?

Flea Market Music? No this is not sold - what I meant was I was going to sell it on ebay but after doing the math I would have to pay about 40$ in ebay fees + whatever paypal charged me...not worth it =\. Are you interested in buying it or....?

Sorry, not interested myself, just curious -- there's an identical instrument listed on FMM that was listed as sold soon after it was posted...

Sorry, not interested myself, just curious -- there's an identical instrument listed on FMM that was listed as sold soon after it was posted...

Oh I see now - well sorry for the misunderstanding, hopefully this one will sell quick too, as every dollar is a blessing to my family right now. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me

Good eye ukeatan! ;)

Here's the one sold on FFM
92754-kanileaB-004.jpg

Here's your's here
attachment.php

They look identical. What's going on?

Good eye ukeatan! ;)

Here's the one sold on FFM
92754-kanileaB-004.jpg

Here's your's here
attachment.php

They look identical. What's going on?

Very suspicious, as the seller is a brand new poster too...

I looked at the pics on FMM and these.. it's the same Ukulele.

Last edited:
Are you guys accusing EyeLoveUkes of a scam? If so, please explain your suspicions so he can defend himself.

All I'm saying is that this looks exactlly like a ukulele that was just advertised and sold on the Flemarket Music Marketplace.

Either that or 2 Ukuleles were made from wood with identical grain.

He stated that this was not that uke.

I think that is suspicious. That is all.

All I'm saying is that this looks exactlly like a ukulele that was just advertised and sold on the Flemarket Music Marketplace.

Either that or 2 Ukuleles were made from wood with identical grain.

He stated that this was not that uke.

I think that is suspicious. That is all.

I'll wait for the original poster to defend himself, but this thread is inches away from a thread lock.

I will provide a picture of the ukulele next to my TV screen with the current date and the time off my satellite guide. I am not some scammer and I feel ridiculous having to go to this length, second of all for members who are not actually even interested in buying this uke. I joined this forum because it appeared that you guys prized being such a welcoming community to new members, and yet I am instantly labeled as something negative. I will post the picture for anyone else who has their head on straight and is interested in buying it(not to mention I am selling this for $600, call up Kanilea and see how much it will be to have a K2 soprano with a pickup made, you will pay hundreds more).

EDIT: There...either you would like to buy it or not, now please, I'm just trying to make things right with my family

Attachments

• notascam.jpg
    notascam.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I feel ridiculous having to go to this length, second of all for members who are not actually even interested in buying this uke
Just to have said it, but it does not matter whether said members wish to buy it or not. The wood grain on yours is identical to the uke sold on FMT, hence the remarks (but they could have been more subtile). I guess they could just have been made from the same piece of wood?

The internet is a foul place (and UU will have to realize this as well), and people have to look out for themselves. Don't take it too personal, you would like to be sure if you were the buying party as well, no? If you would be so kind as to post a high-res photo of the label inside with the serial number, there will be no doubt that your uke is a different instrument. The FMT one is K-0606-101, I believe your extra trouble will take away anyone's reservations. :)

Last edited:
I will provide a picture of the ukulele next to my TV screen with the current date and the time off my satellite guide. I am not some scammer and I feel ridiculous having to go to this length, second of all for members who are not actually even interested in buying this uke. I joined this forum because it appeared that you guys prized being such a welcoming community to new members, and yet I am instantly labeled as something negative. I will post the picture for anyone else who has their head on straight and is interested in buying it(not to mention I am selling this for $600, call up Kanilea and see how much it will be to have a K2 soprano with a pickup made, you will pay hundreds more).

EDIT: There...either you would like to buy it or not, now please, I'm just trying to make things right with my family

Not saying you do not have that ukulele, obviously you do.

but even in that last picture, the grain on that is identical to the other ukulele. it's uncanny.

http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/images/market/88067-kanileaB-007.jpg

see for yourself.

I'm not taking sides here, just thinking aloud:

Considering how thin the wood for a ukulele is cut, I wouldn't be suprised if there were dozens of ukes with very similar grain floating around.

If (any) uke maker bought a 'lot' of wood that was all cut from a single section of a tree would they not all look alike to some degree? Like slices of bread, the end pieces may be different, but the changes between slices would be very gradual.

I'm not taking sides here, just thinking aloud:

Considering how thin the wood for a ukulele is cut, I wouldn't be suprised if there were dozens of ukes with very similar grain floating around.

If (any) uke maker bought a 'lot' of wood that was all cut from a single section of a tree would they not all look alike to some degree? Like slices of bread, the end pieces may be different, but the changes between slices would be very gradual.

Similar yes...definitely not identical....and I am not saying anything pro or con in the case of this uke.

The bread analogy doesn't really fit in with this entirely. I mean, bread doesn't have a natural grain to it...although it is made from it. :p

Luthiers have to bookmatch the wood (typically) and this doesnt always come out looking the same.
Plus, the grain of tree (wood) is not standard. It takes many different paths.
Even if the wood is cut thin that doesnt mean that the pattern will look the same on the second cut.

I've recently seen wood blanks that were of the same tree that a uke was made from. It looked quite different.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

jerry-seinfeld-george-costanza_472x.jpg

I'll give the original poster 24 hours to post a good picture of the serial number on the sticker in the soundhole. If 24 hours pass by and there is no serial number, the thread will be locked.

I am paranoid from studying cryptography and network sercurity in college. I give people the benefit of the doubt but you can use photo shop for anything, particularly taking photos from other sources and superimposing them onto others. In the end I am sure that the dude is legit. I have done business on the internet for 7 years with no problem then a couple of weeks ago almost got scammed until I called into question something odd about the transaction and it turned out to be fraud. UU is amazingly welcoming to all who come but we still need to be tuff on stuff like this, in the end welcome aboard man and if you get a serial number then I might actually buy it bummed I missed the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom