Ukulele going more mainstream

Ukulele_Junkie

Reaction score
Haha i just saw a scoop away cat litter commercial with ukulele instrumentals in the background. We're taking over the world.

It's weird, but I sometimes want the uke to go mainstream and get the recognition that it deserves, but then I don't becuase I play the uke because it is more unique than the guitar. Hmm.

I guess that if it does go mainstream, more people playing = more talent will come from it...that's cool.:eek:

It's weird, but I sometimes want the uke to go mainstream and get the recognition that it deserves, but then I don't becuase I play the uke because it is more unique than the guitar. Hmm.

I guess that if it does go mainstream, more people playing = more talent will come from it...that's cool.:eek:
Yeah i see what ur saying and I agree. What makes ukulele even better is that it's sort of underground and it's not as mainstream as guitar, and if it gets mainstream, it's not gonna be as unique. But on the other hand u do wanna see the ukulele strive and what talent arises from it. right?

If you read the interview we did with that blog, the main goal of Ukulele Underground was to change the world's perception of the uke. It's a legit instrument and together we're going to show everyone. If going mainstream is having someone like Seeso or Dustin on Jay Leno or Conan, bring on the mainstream!

If you read the interview we did with that blog, the main goal of Ukulele Underground was to change the world's perception of the uke. It's a legit instrument and together we're going to show everyone. If going mainstream is having someone like Seeso or Dustin on Jay Leno or Conan, bring on the mainstream!

Right on...Although it is a double edged sword for me, I would rather it go mainstream than not. At least I will have a head start on all the uke newcomers that jump on the band wagon over the next few years...haha.:D

The UU is the foundation for what is to come...:eek:

once it goes mainstream, more accessories will be available to us at local music stores, I'm tired of people always promising me they will order some more supplies but they never do. And also no one will call it a UUUUUUkulele, but a ookulele

Its a beautiful insturment and personally (I think) much more versitile than a guitar... I tell people I play the ukulele and so manypeople start singing like Tiny Tim... Its so so so much more than that...

hehe yeah ukulele definately going mainstream.

Just look at the advances made in the last say 5 years -- we've got a whole stack of manufacturers that make some really GREAT ukuleles, tons of paths to learn people up, plus those bozos over at ukulele underg . . . I mean these fine people here at UU trying to convert half the globe to the uke-side . . . . yeah -- I'd say we're on our way :rolleyes:

Its great that ukulele is being known even more. BUt one of the things that i like about the uke is that its not well known and its something different, in aussie anyway.

I would like the ukulele to go big so a lot of people have them - but not as big as guitar, ukulele is the best instrument but if everybody has them it will original and won't be a special

Thats just my opinion anyway :D

Top Bottom