FS: KoAloha KSM-00 Koa Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluze

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
EDIT: Did not sell. Closing thread. Will repost at a later date.

For sale: KoAloha KSM-00 all solid koa soprano

EDIT: Price reduced to $520

My wife and I have a severe case of UAS, and are trying to combat it by parting with some of our instruments that don't see a lot of play time, but certainly deserve to be played. I purchased this instrument used in 2018 from Elderly Instruments, in Lansing, MI. This acquisition happened right as I was making a transition from mainly playing sopranos to mainly playing concerts. As such, it never saw as much action as it should have.

i-DpMvn4k-M.jpg

Made in Hawaii in December of 2012 (as per stamp inside) of all solid koa top, back, and sides, soprano scale. It comes with standard KoAloha friction tuners. I know that many folks don't care for friction tuners, but I can say that of all the friction tuners I have experienced, these are my favorites. If all friction tuners were this nice, I doubt friction tuners would get the bad rap they currently do.

Because this is an older model, it features the sculpted bottom of the fretboard (which mirrors the crown shape of the headstock) and the KoAloha name in the tie-bar style bridge. While KoAloha has gone away from these aesthetic choices in recent years, this is my favorite era of design for their main koa line.

i-rrCRZj7-M.jpg
i-85HgM4T-M.jpg

The koa on this one looks pretty amazing, with some great orange hues and shimmer to it. It sounds and plays great, but I just don't give it the attention it deserves. This instrument really does deserve to be played. Currently strung high-G with Fremont Blackline fluorocarbon strings. It has lived its entire time with me in a smoke-free, pet-free, climate controlled home, with special attention paid to humidification. (Ok, we do now have a pet gerbil, but she has never been near this instrument, so I don't think she counts.)

NEW REDUCED PRICE $520 shipped, via USPS, to the lower 48. (Paypal preferred.) If you want a different shipper or are outside of the continental US, the price will need to be adjusted for shipping. If you are interested, send me a DM, and thanks for looking!

i-pxhL7ws-M.jpg

(All measurements made by me, using a caliper)
Nut width: 36 mm
A-to-G string spacing: 27 mm
Frets to body: 12
Frets total: 12
Outward markers: 5-7-10
Side dots: 5-7-10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom