Slack Key Show

peanuts56

Reaction score
We spent the weekend in Boston to hear Kawika Kahiapo, George Kahumoku Jr. and Led Kaapana at Club Passim in Cambridge.
What a great evening. This was the first time I had heard Kawika and he's wonderful. What can you say about Led and George that hasn't been said already. Led played ukulele part of the evening.
Each performer played a 30 minute solo set. They played a 30 minute set to close the show. They're on tour for a while. Check their websites. They're in Minnesota right now, Chicago, Cleveland and Wolf Trap over the next week or two. When this series of shows is completed Led is continuing on until early March.
We had a great time.

Did they bring their ukuleles? They often do in solo shows, but not in the group show.

Did they bring their ukuleles? They often do in solo shows, but not in the group show.
Only Led had his uke. He mentioned how Chuck Moore had made it for him. I've heard George a few times and have never heard him play ukulele. I've seen pictures of him playing uke. I was talking with Kawika before the show and he mentioned he played ukulele and bass. He's a very gifted guitarist. I noticed he used his left had the way a classical player does.
It was a great night. I get to Oahu once a year for 5-6 weeks and always go to Honey's to hear Led. While he's really known as a slack key guitarist he plays uke exceptionally well. Great guy as well. The Moore Bettah Uke is gorgeous.

Only Led had his uke. He mentioned how Chuck Moore had made it for him. I've heard George a few times and have never heard him play ukulele. I've seen pictures of him playing uke. I was talking with Kawika before the show and he mentioned he played ukulele and bass. He's a very gifted guitarist. I noticed he used his left had the way a classical player does.
It was a great night. I get to Oahu once a year for 5-6 weeks and always go to Honey's to hear Led. While he's really known as a slack key guitarist he plays uke exceptionally well. Great guy as well. The Moore Bettah Uke is gorgeous.

Chuck Moore gifted the ukulele to Led, no strings attached?

Top Bottom