KPK Pineapple

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Just wanted to share pictures of my next 'ukulele a new solid Acacia wood Koa Pili Koko Pineapple. Local distributor has them on order and they should arrive next month. $140.00 not bad. :shaka:
KPKPineapple01.jpg

KPKPineapple02.jpg

$140? If you have any conscience at all Sir, you will INSIST on paying them more than that.

Looks great!

Ukantor.

$140 is a bit high IMO if that's the price for the ukulele alone, but that's only because I paid $155 shipped for my KPK deluxe soprano, and it came with both a hard sided case and gig bag. The guy I went through was charging $140 for a regular soprano with the case and gig bag, again, shipped from Hawaii to California.

If it's a concert pineapple, then it's a hell of a deal. If it's a soprano pineapple, it's still a prety good deal. Face it, it's a solid ukulele, and you really can't beat KPK's prices on a decent solid uke.

follow up question...

Ahnko-

As UU's most vocal pineapple connosseuir (sp?) - can you let us know which is your favorite pineapple and why? I feel an itch to get one and was wondering in which direction to go...

I've ordered an Ohana soprano Pineapple, in solid mahogany - but they're out of stock! Gotta wait-------------------------------:uhoh:

Ukantor.

I have the KPK tenor and it's absolutely gorgeous. It came with black strings and those sounded terrible but I threw on some aquila's and that seemed to do the trick.

The guy who I bought it from took pictures of all 3 tenors that he had available and let me select which one I wanted. Surprising, all three ukes had noticeably different wood grain so I'm really glad he did that because one of the KPK's looked weird. Had an orangish tint to it and almost no texture in the wood.

You should request photos of the pineapples that he has available to ensure that you get a beaut!

You should request photos of the pineapples that he has available to ensure that you get a beaut!

I know 2 local vendors who will carry these and since they are both local I will hand pick the one I want. I bought a KPK soprano earlier and this seller had them on sale for $115 including both a hard, and soft case. Just contacted this seller and he's getting the Pineapples in 3 weeks so will be less than $140.00 though not sure how much less. I'll post a review when I get one in hand. :shaka:

I guess you wont be needing that Kamaka Pineapple now.
PM me for shipping info. :p

Congrats and nice score!!!

Seriously I may be selling that Kamaka because it's not the type my Dad had. This one has a fretboard but my Dad's 1957 purchase the frets were directly on the neck the frets endding at the neck/body joint like pictured below, no separate fretboard like more modern 'ukuleles. I prefer one like Dad had.
KAMAKA%20KOA%20UKULELE%20PINEAPPLE.JPG

Seriously I may be selling that Kamaka because it's not the type my Dad had. This one has a fretboard but my Dad's 1957 purchase the frets were directly on the neck the frets endding at the neck/body joint like pictured below, no separate fretboard like more modern 'ukuleles. I prefer one like Dad had.
KAMAKA%20KOA%20UKULELE%20PINEAPPLE.JPG

If I am not mistaken I believe that Kamaka started to use the more "modern" fretboard around the 60's.

Oh and um...youve got mail lol.

Top Bottom