String winder for Gotoh stealth tuners

j.roth

Reaction score
Does anyone make a string winder with a slot smaller enough to twist the small heads on Gotoh stealth tuners? The 18:1 gear ratio is great for precision tuning, but a bit of a chore when changing strings.

I've often thought there's a niche in the market for a tuning wand that will fit gotoh stealth pegs. In the meantime I've used foam to make the space smaller.

Last edited:
Thank you. That is what I figured I would end up doing.

I emailed the ukulele site and they made a custom peg winder with meltable plastic pellets: Polly plastics. It is on Amazon for $10.

I wish more music stores or on line string suppliers would add music nomad products. I like look of this winder and I like their soundhole humidifier. I think they also have a pretty fretboard conditioner.

Does anyone make a string winder with a slot smaller enough to twist the small heads on Gotoh stealth tuners? The 18:1 gear ratio is great for precision tuning, but a bit of a chore when changing strings.

I have a battery-powered winder with a + in the head. It takes both thick and thin knobs. Most of the ones shown below seem to have that + in the head.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=tuner+winders&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Top Bottom