Pickguard/K-Wave question?

Snow

Reaction score
So, I recently bought a Kiwaya-Wave Rock Ukulele.. "Vintage White". (in my avatar) And i'm wondering if the pickguard is replaceable.. And call me a noob but, is the pickguard supposed to get scratched by my strumming? And lastly, am I supposed to replace the stock ghs strings it came with? Does anyone know? It's my first ukulele so i don't know much about uke's yet.

Last edited:
the scratches are certainly avoidable.

I bought that ukulele, i returned it tho cuz its hard to re-string it and the scale is a little weird for me (cuz i'm a little more use to a tenor and the cutaway is kinda useless when u play the higher notes). I would also say try replacing the strings before the "able to return" period is over just to see if it'll work better for you, but that thing sounds great already with those strings.
and yeah the pick guard will get scratched and u should be able to take it off and replace it in the future, or if you dont like the scratches some music store sells plastic covering for pickguards.

It's a great instrument overall, but it does have its flaws being the first rock uke model from kiwaya.

the scratches are certainly avoidable.

How??!! I need to knowwww. Teach me. :O

I bought that ukulele, i returned it tho cuz its hard to re-string it and the scale is a little weird for me (cuz i'm a little more use to a tenor and the cutaway is kinda useless when u play the higher notes). I would also say try replacing the strings before the "able to return" period is over just to see if it'll work better for you, but that thing sounds great already with those strings.
and yeah the pick guard will get scratched and u should be able to take it off and replace it in the future, or if you dont like the scratches some music store sells plastic covering for pickguards.

It's a great instrument overall, but it does have its flaws being the first rock uke model from kiwaya.

Thanks, but do you know if they sell plastic coverings for a pickgaurd of the size?

Thanks, but do you know if they sell plastic coverings for a pickgaurd of the size?

umm they have it mostly for guitars but i'm sure with some elbow grease you'd be able to cut it to fit, and yeah to avoid scratches on your uke body, jus strum more towards the fretboard, thats where most chord players strum anyways, I have a few scratches on one of my ukuleles that has the black body, but I learned to avoid em. It happens.

strum more up, or you could always raise your action... which i actually wouldn't recommend heh but its always an option :D

Top Bottom