NUD Romero

Uncle Leroy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Picked up this wonderful uke yesterday at Elderly Instruments. I am very happy with it.858BA922-5BB0-463E-92E0-6F5DBB6BF0B4.jpg858BA922-5BB0-463E-92E0-6F5DBB6BF0B4.jpg
19AE568F-72AE-43A4-8EE8-8C7F44695C41.jpg

Looks lovely. Is it a Replica? We’re you able to pick it out in person? What factors made you chose it over other options?

Yes it is the REP-SM-7008. I picked it out on a trip to Elderly Instruments. It is a spruce top over mahogany back and sides. That combination of woods give this uke a little mellower sound. I also chose it for the neck profile and the nut width. It is a bit wider which suits me better. It is strung low G which I was looking to do. All in all, I am really digging this uke.

Sounds super. I am a fan of the Romero’s. I think I played a similar one in Seattle at Dusty Strings. I ended up purchasing a Grand Tenor only because it fit my pocketbook better. My memory says the tuners on the replicas are super smooth. Congratulations!

Congrats Uncle Leroy!

Good looking uke. Enjoy!

Nice looking ukulele. I'm also a fan of Romero Creations. I bought the new mahogany concert that sounds like a tenor after watching the podcast at HMS and hearing all its praise. I like its tone and resonance more than many others that are much more expensive.

Last edited:
Yes, the Spruce and mahogany Replica is a nice instrument: beautiful sound and comely appearance. I owned one for about 4 months but just couldn't get used to the ultra thin neck thickness. Cramped up my left hand. I need a fatter neck and traded it in for a Kala Elite with a much thicker neck—so comfy for my hand. I'm a Romero fan tho' and still play the heck out of his Baritone 6 and TT6 (much thicker neck profiles).

Congratulations, you picked a great one!

The Romero Replica is a great ukulele at any price, and a bargain at the selling price. Mine is an all Mahogany from the first batch and I play it more than any other. Congratulations on a very nice instrument. I like mine so much that I have been thinking about getting a Walnut Replica from the Ukulele Site.

Yes, nice selection! I'm sure you will be happy with it. If you have a chance, post some a sound file or two.

Top Bottom