Water Your Uke!!!

Spooner

Reaction score
Maybe this thread will help serve as a reminder to water your (uke) humidifiers.

I just soaked (wiped off the excess water) and put all of my humis back in their cases.

They love me more now! :D

Isn't it time that you watered your uke(s)?

Show some love!

Good advice... I'm a little worried that the ambient humidity here in DC is too much for mine lately.

Now if only there were some place I could find some good solid advice on what strings I should buy and maybe even hear what they would sound like on a similar instrument to mine... I wonder which board I should look at... lol

Good advice... I'm a little worried that the ambient humidity here in DC is too much for mine lately.

Now if only there were some place I could find some good solid advice on what strings I should buy and maybe even hear what they would sound like on a similar instrument to mine... I wonder which board I should look at... lol

I'm not sure you'll find the answers here. I've found cross dressing, people eating KFC out of the bucket dipped in mayonnaise, a bunch of Bible freaks, women who talk about strap ons and playing ukuleles with their breasts...but nothing on strings. :p

Everything fine here in San Diego Calif !

I've seen a couple threads about G-strings. Does that count as string talk? I think I also saw people talking about their breasts playing their ukes when their strap ons hit the right button.

I keep mine out of their cases in a humidity controlled room. It's much easier that way.

I would like to do that but there's just too many animals running around here...and I smoke.

I am working on a large case/cabinet with a humidifying system in it. I'd buy one but they're just insanely expensive.

I would like to do that but there's just too many animals running around here...and I smoke.

I am working on a large case/cabinet with a humidifying system in it. I'd buy one but they're just insanely expensive.

You just need a piece of tupperware with a damp sponge.

clip on tuner for size perspective. i used blocks from the florist. i bought them for $2 each.
358277301.jpg

358277256.jpg

Cut enough holes in the lid to get the humidity to the right level.
358277232.jpg

That's a pretty cool setup you have there!

For me, I still have the animal and smoke issue to consider.
I definitely need a nice big glass case as all of these uke cases are starting to take up all of my room. :rolleyes:

That and I dont want to have to keep filling up eleventy billion Hercos 2X a month. :p

That's a pretty cool setup you have there!

For me, I still have the animal and smoke issue to consider.
I definitely need a nice big glass case as all of these uke cases are starting to take up all of my room. :rolleyes:

That and I dont want to have to keep filling up eleventy billion Hercos 2X a month. :p

I use that in my uke trough but can be used in a guitar/uke cabinet. In the humidified room, I use an electric humidifier.

I use that in my uke trough but can be used in a guitar/uke cabinet. In the humidified room, I use an electric humidifier.

It's definitely a groov-ay thing! The Deach-o-matic! :p

How may ukes fit in your trough....wait...that doesn't sound right. lol

Top Bottom