Rubbenstroth?

snowdenn

Reaction score
Maybe kind of a longshot, but anyone heard of this maker? I came across mention and videos of ukuleles made by a builder named Rubbenstroth, but I can't find a lot of information about them.

I'm not sure about the Ukulele brand, but there seems to be a rather accomplished player named Warendorf von Elmar Rubbenstroth. https://youtu.be/SB7Wsh7WN0M

I believe Warendorf is the name of a small city in Germany, where the builder, (Elmar?) Rubbenstroth is from. The guy playing in that video is "Ukulele Uff" or Chris Hough. He's fun to watch perform: youtube.com/watch?v=vewjxRzWroc

But I haven't been able to find much more on Rubbenstroth. A few videos made, apparently by his brother. A few more by someone from ukulele-arts.com. But that's about all I could find. I was hoping people here would know more, as these ukuleles sound great.

Elmar is a hobby builder from Germany; I met his brother a few times. He used to bring a ukulele or two to a German/Dutch ukulele festival. That's where Welti got his maple soprano from.

I think Elmar hasn't been building for a while...and it's always been just a few instruments once in a while.

snowdenn, thank you for Wilfried's link.
Fascinating stuff.

As Ludwig. already wrote: Elmar had basically built a few ukes for friends and family. His brother, who also made the few videos with Ukulele Uff etc, is quite a versatile guitar and ukulele player. And he brought two or three ukes for sale to a meeting in the Netherlands. Elmar obviously has a talent for building wonderful ukes. As far as I know, he has some craft background. His instruments are amazing, very light-weighted, very resonating, wonderful tone.

But it‘s not surprising you can‘t find any information. I don‘t think he made more than ten ukes in total, if at all. And he didn‘t make any after the one wwelti bought and uses in some videos. I‘m still hopping mad about myself, as the I had offered wwelti‘s uke before him, but turned it down. If I had known that it was the last Rubbenstroth uke for the time being... lesson learned!

Top Bottom