PDA

View Full Version : Flu attack...Mgm needs a nursemaid...lol

MGM
06-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Been pretty quiet after New York as having a star wars battle with the flu...Or maybe i just need to sleep...anyway I am reading the post and enjoying my hot tea under the covers...

haole
06-05-2009, 05:34 PM
You weren't all that far from a festering petri dish of swine flu. :( Hope you feel better, and really hope you didn't get it from anyone at Uke Fest. ;)

smgold101
06-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Get well soon my friend. Lots of sleep and lots of liquids! Also ourvirtualmall.net and OPC is a natural product its anti-oxidants and stuff VERY good for when your sick and just in general to keep ya healthy. Feel Better!

wfwhitson
06-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Get well soon my friend.:shaka:

Ahnko Honu
06-05-2009, 06:45 PM
One word GINGER.
Grate up about 1/2 teaspoon and add to tea cup along witha teaspoon of honey then pour hot water over and let it steep a minute before drink your hot ginger tea. Also add several slices into your hot bath water (as hot as you can take) and soak in da tub for as long as you can handle then when you come out wrap yourself up in a blanket and that ginger going make you sweat out whatever ails you GUARANTEE. :shaka:

Teek
06-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Ginger tea also great for settling an iffy tummy! And clearing sinuses!

Feel better!

UkuEroll
06-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Been pretty quiet after New York as having a star wars battle with the flu...Or maybe i just need to sleep...anyway I am reading the post and enjoying my hot tea under the covers...

It's official, man flu does exist. We suffer more than women.

Fred Miu
06-05-2009, 11:35 PM
ginger in general is soo good. i love eating it, i rarely get sick because of it.

Bratset
06-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Get well sonn Mgm! :D

WhenDogsSing
06-06-2009, 02:44 AM
I hope you have a fast and complete recovery...!!!

Howie1947
06-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Have a "cold" "San Miguel" beer, and a shot of Tequila. that will put you on the road to recovery.................Howie

UkuLeLesReggAe
06-06-2009, 03:37 AM
Swine flu!!!!!!!!!!

ukebrudder
06-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Rest up and get better MGM. If I lived in Hawaii I'd run your packages to the post office for ya so you didn't have to get up! :D Hahaha

Hankthetank
06-06-2009, 07:11 AM
One word GINGER.

I don't know about Ginger, but when I have the flu I would let Mary Ann help me get through it:shaka:

I hope you feel better soon

Uke-lahoma
06-06-2009, 07:53 AM
I hope you're well soon! It's going to take all of your strength to load all those extra goodies in the box with each uke!

MGM
06-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks for all the kind words..I am feeling much better today but still not 100%. Oh well I am at work but wish I could go home and fall in bed LOL

pithaya9
06-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.

ichadwick
06-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Best wishes for your recovery, Mike. I have suffered with the flu in the past and know the misery. I get flu shots every year now, and it has spared me the worst - I've had no more than a cold in five or six years since I started getting them, even though my staff has been laid low with nasty influenzas. Next fall, consider getting one.

mailman
06-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Best wishes for your recovery, Mike. I have suffered with the flu in the past and know the misery. I get flu shots every year now, and it has spared me the worst - I've had no more than a cold in five or six years since I started getting them, even though my staff has been laid low with nasty influenzas. Next fall, consider getting one.

I'm a believer, too. I've had nothing worse than an occasional common head cold since I started getting annual flu shots. My wife (who won't get the shots) has had the flu 4 out of the last 5 years. Even with our close physical contact I haven't had the flu....

Howie1947
06-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Did you have the "San Miguel" Beer and shot of Tequila? I had one for you !

UkuLeLesReggAe
06-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks for all the kind words..I am feeling much better today but still not 100%. Oh well I am at work but wish I could go home and fall in bed LOL

sounds good, ill lead by example.

Captain Google
06-06-2009, 08:16 PM
One word GINGER.
Grate up about 1/2 teaspoon and add to tea cup along witha teaspoon of honey then pour hot water over and let it steep a minute before drink your hot ginger tea. Also add several slices into your hot bath water (as hot as you can take) and soak in da tub for as long as you can handle then when you come out wrap yourself up in a blanket and that ginger going make you sweat out whatever ails you GUARANTEE. :shaka:

I opt for flat ginger ale and chicken noodle soup (soup of the gods), myself. I don't bathe in it, though.:shaka:

I don't know about Ginger, but when I have the flu I would let Mary Ann help me get through it:shaka:

When it comes to that kind of healing, I go for one of the six best things about Azumanga Daioh, Sakaki-san. She has that comforting air about her...:shaka:

DukeofUke
06-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Take care of yourself! What would we do without you?!

// Duke

ichadwick
06-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Have a "cold" "San Miguel" beer, and a shot of Tequila. that will put you on the road to recovery.................Howie

But only if it's 100% agave tequila! Mixto merely makes you ill... but then ukulele players are far too wise, sophisticated and worldly to drink mixtos, eiught?

bbycrts
06-08-2009, 08:11 AM
But only if it's 100% agave tequila! Mixto merely makes you ill... but then ukulele players are far too wise, sophisticated and worldly to drink mixtos, eiught?

You got that right, Ian!

rossjr
06-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Hey don't feel too sorry for the guy, he lives in paradise and he sells Ukulele's.....