Low-G Recommendations

Jerryc41

Reaction score
A friend is looking for recommendations for a low-G string. I suggested the Freemont Soloist, but I didn't know a non-wound string to suggest. I'm not sure what uke this would be going on.

So, what's a good non-metal low-G string?

I have been told Living Waters is a good choice

I use Living Waters Low-G on several of my tenors. UkeRepublic sells single Plain Low-G LW Strings.

Aquila Red has a terrific low-G string (they are sold both as singles or as part of a low-G set)

Last edited:
Aquila Red has a terrific low-G string (they are sold both as singles or as part of a low-G set)

Agreed, love the tone. Wound G strings, but pretty durable.

Sorry- did not see that you said non-metal. of Course I really like the KoAloha/uke-reka flouro Carbon.
Ijust got one that is amazing. Absolutely perfect. Does not over power. Not too thick. Does not unwind. But expensive. Thomastik-Infeld CF30. Chrome Steel Flat Wound .030
A friend is looking for recommendations for a low-G string. I suggested the Freemont Soloist, but I didn't know a non-wound string to suggest. I'm not sure what uke this would be going on.

So, what's a good non-metal low-G string?

When I bought them, they were. I guess they have a non wound option or depends what year you bought them?

When you buy a low G set of Aquila Reds, they come with a wound string. When you buy a single Aquila Red low G string, it is not wound. It is an entirely different thing.

Thanks, everyone. I ordered four Living Waters, two for each of us. I bought a used Fluke that came with Low-G, and it sounds so good that I'm going to put a low-G on another Fluke.

When you buy a low G set of Aquila Reds, they come with a wound string. When you buy a single Aquila Red low G string, it is not wound. It is an entirely different thing.

Ah, that explains it - I've only bought the singles :)
Thank you!

Top Bottom