Inspirational Message from Alvin Okami

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here is a video from Pops while at home in Honolulu as our nation, and the world, tries to cope with COVID-19. Pops wanted to get a positive message out and thought of a song he had written in 2011 for the Japanese Tsunami. He and a number of KoAloha factory guys harmonized and broadcast via J WAVE RADIO this song, YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU TRY, to the people of Japan in that difficult time. The song is in Japanese and English.

So with the above as background material, here comes the crazy idea that came to him. "There seems to be such a close parallel between what happened in 2011 and what’s happening now all over the world. Nations are distressed, people are terrified, this dreaded virus could go on beyond our expectations. With all of this taking place, there has to be something that can bring a ray of hope to the confused and bewildered masses of not only our country but other countries as well. Just like the nation of Japan heard the song and people were compelled to call J Wave headquarters to voice their feelings about the song, wouldn’t it be more than incredible if this encouraging song could help in bringing a ray of Hope to cling on to during this horrific time in this period of human history."

Thank you for sharing that, and tell Pops thanks, too!

It is a welcome sentiment in these trying times. It a world full of such dark clouds it is great to see rays of hope!

Thank you for sharing this.

Relay our thanks to Pops as well. He is always cheerful and uplifting.

Hope you and your family and Pops and the KoAloha family are staying healthy!

Sweet.
My thanks to Pops!

Jan

Very, very nice.

Also, I was wondering about the gesture he did with his hand at the beginning and end of the video. Thumb pointed one way, pinky finger pointed the other. I see this a lot, but I've never understood what it means.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Way to go Pops and company!

Also, I was wondering about the gesture he did with his hand at the beginning and end of the video. Thumb pointed one way, pinky finger pointed the other. I see this a lot, but I've never understood what it means.

That would be the "shaka" hand sign (although I admit I did not know its name until I went to look for a link...) Find out more here.

Awesome, thanks for posting.

Mahalo. Pops!

wonderful song. thanks for sharing it with us!

keep uke'in',

Thank you for this. A bright spot in a difficult time.

Thanks for posting this video Ed. And thank Pops for making it. Truly a wonderful sentiment during this global cataclysm.

May you all and yoour family and friends, be safe and remain healthy. Music is a wonderful salve for our troubled world.

Thanks Ed and please tell Pops it brought tears to my eyes! A much needed encouragement in these horrific times. Best wishes to all. Stay safe.

Top Bottom