And There Was an Ukulele!

Skidtz

Reaction score
Just returned from a dive trip to Saba (check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saba), one of the Caribbean Netherland Antilles islands.

And as I was hanging out in the airport terminal (which is about the size of my house), I saw this old Banjolele hanging on the wall. No one in the airport could tell me its history, but there it was, sure enough.

I couldn't find a post for random ukulele sightings; has anyone else come across an uke in the oddest of places?

Attachments

• IMG_00024 squished.jpg
    IMG_00024 squished.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 46
Nice spot! That 2nd string has fallen from its spot in the nut... I would contemplate popping it back in if I was there :p

It's also missing the bridge, a quick fix.

Around here if there ISN'T a 'ukulele nearby, THAT'S unusual. :D:shaka:

At TGI Friday's in Pottstown PA they had an old harmony soprano hanging on the wall as part of their crazy decorations, it had to be at least 50 years old, and they wouldn't sell it to me.

Nice, never randomly seen a Uke myself :p

Come to think of it, I've another one:

For my 30th bday the hubby and I flew to Anguilla for a Jimmy Buffett concert. All was going nicely when what to my wondering eyes should appear? But Jake Freakin' Shimabukuro! None of the Parrot Heads could understand why the little blonde girl was screaming her head off. It was AWESOME.

Attachments

• 2007-03-24-83cropped_squished.jpg
    2007-03-24-83cropped_squished.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 24
Great stories! I've got one... I was at Universal Studios theme park one day in January, and decided to take a stroll through the Lucille Ball museum. Lo and behold, there was an old Harmony soprano with case in the museum-- Lucy had played it on her show. Totally unexpected but a neat discovery!

IMG_2188.jpg

Come to think of it, I've another one:

For my 30th bday the hubby and I flew to Anguilla for a Jimmy Buffett concert. All was going nicely when what to my wondering eyes should appear? But Jake Freakin' Shimabukuro! None of the Parrot Heads could understand why the little blonde girl was screaming her head off. It was AWESOME.

I was going to go to that show but life got in the way.
I know it was a blast!
What a way to celebrate!!
Bankie is awesome!!!!

:shaka:

Top Bottom