WaverlyStreet Uke #85

wheelgunner

Reaction score
I recieved my prim shaped uke from Dave yesterday. Check out his sight for pictures www.wsukes.com . I think the prim shapes are really neat and this one came with some nice wood figure and geared tuners. I was half hoping that someone else would buy it first to remove the temptation but since no one cooperated I had to buy it myself.

It came very well packaged (thought I was going to have to hire a carpenter to open it up but luckily Dave put uncrating directions on the box). It is really pretty (see pictures on Dave's web-sight). It has a really "bright" sound quite unlike the deeper tone of my Mainland mahogany concert. Now I understand one of the reasons you MUST have more than one uke. The two better ukes I now have sound REALLY different.

The whole purchasing experience with Dave was fast, easy and totally satisfactory. Hopefully, I'll be able to save up the money to buy another of his ukes in the not-too distant future. Me thinks I hear a banjo-uke calling my name.

I highly recommend anything Dave makes. I have had the opportunity to play a number of his ukes and even a few of his experiments. Dave has a very practical approach to his ukemaking which produces some fine sounding ukes.

I'm eagerly awaiting a banjo uke from Dave - any day now. it was just released from Customs yesterday (after a six-day sojurn). Should be here this week! And it's his first tenor, too.​

I'm eagerly awaiting a banjo uke from Dave - any day now. it was just released from Customs yesterday (after a six-day sojurn). Should be here this week! And it's his first tenor, too.​
Lucky dog.
He has a couple of banjo-ukes on his site right now and I was really conflicted over what to get, the prim style or a banjolele. The prim won out (what can I say. I like the odd stuff.) One of Dave's banjoleles is in my future, though.

Is the sound hole smaller than other ukes? It look smaller but it may just be the body shape that gives the effect.

Yes, on the prim style the sound hole is smaller than on my other concert size ukes. Doesn't seem to make any difference to the sound level though. #85 isn't as loud as my Mainland mahogany but it doesn't miss it by much and what difference there is can probably be attributed more to the difference in woods than the size of the sound hole.

Top Bottom