Custom KoAloha "Black Label" Tenor Ukulele - For sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Friend

Reaction score
A rare Custom KoAloha Tenor Ukulele (Black Label) in exceptional original condition. This one was completed in October of 2006 and remains in wonderful original condition. Redwood top with cocobolo sides and Hawaiian Koa back with cocobolo center wedge and maple wood pinstriping. Curly maple top and back binding with bound fretboard for smooth ease of play. The neck is made of Hawaiian Koa and the fretboard and bridge are made of cocobolo. Professional grover machine geared tuners. I am amazed at the tones this instrument produces. Absolutely wonderful and almost symphonic in a sense. Very rich chocolatey tones with crisp highs. Tremendous projection and sustain and I’ve got to say, one of the best ukes I’ve ever played! There are two small hairlines on the soundboard that extend from the left and right side of the fretboard to the soundhole. They are stable and have not moved one bit since I have owned this instrument. Aside from that there is quite a bit of fingerboard play but it is really only surface in nature. Custom KoAloha Tenor Ukulele * Hawaiian Koa & Cocobolo back * Redwood top * Cocobolo sides * Honduras mahogany neck * Professional geared tuners * Custom Shop "Black Label" * Curly Maple top & back binding * Curly Maple bound fretboard Custom KoAloha pieces are tremendously rare and amongst the most desired player ukes available today. Perfect intonation. Incredible projection. Unbelievable sustain. This Custom KoAloha Tenor is an incredible player uke and is tonally very well balanced. There is roughly a 2 year backlog on Custom KoAloha Black Label ukuleles.

Price: $1900 + shipping (special price)

For more photos see http://ukulelefriend.com

this is the same on that's been on Ebay for a while now isn't it? It would be nice if I had some money to drop on this uke.

yup...

Aloha,

This sure is. I'm liquidating a number of ukes and it's about time this one get some 'play-time' as well. It was my regular player for quite some time but I've got too many to play (a good problem I suppose) and so I thought I'd offer this one at an extended discount price to the gang.

I must admit, the KoAloha 'Black Label' ukes are entirely different in tone and playability from that of the production models in my perspective. Some of the best sounding and playing ukes I've ever come across have been the rare and revered black label custom KoAloha tenor.

Some of Hawaii's best musicians enjoy the sound of the custom goodies built by beloved KoAloha.... :shaka:

ahui ho,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom