Any great uke shops in Edinburgh?

MikeLXXXVIII

Reaction score
I would love to get a Banjo Uke, and since I am going to Edinburgh next monday it would be nice to see some ukulele shops or a shop with a lot of alternative instruments!
Found one selling for 300 pounds but I am afraid I can't use that much, toppers 200 :p as I need money for other things too...

Last edited:
I would love to get a Banjo Uke, and since I am going to Edinburgh next monday it would be nice to see some ukulele shops or a shop with a lot of alternative instruments!
Found one selling for 300 pounds but I am afraid I can't use that much, toppers 200 :p as I need money for other things too...

Hey I don't know of any specific uke shops in Edinburgh. I'm sure you might find the odd one in a music shop but there's nothing specific, you have to go to London for that.

There is a shop in Newcastle that sells ukes if you're ever down that way. I bought a decent Lanikai there.

Most of us UKers have to buy on the net.

Good luck!

I doubt you could find a Uke shop, but I'm sure you could find some Pubs !

Thats a pity :(, well I won't be going anywhere else than there so will rely on Edinburgh! and not much of a pubster :p unless I can play billiards for free..

You think living in the UK is bad? try living in Belgium :)

I don't know how easy it is to find ukes in Belgium, but I Love everything else about Belgium.

Beer
Chocolate
Two Languages
Great education
Politically Liberal
Beautiful Cities (some)
The History
The Culture
The fantastic people - I've never met a belgian I didn't like.

I'll swap you - your life for mine!

Tony

Nothing in Edinburgh I'm afraid - not that I was able to find anyway. Plenty of music shops but all just selling low-end stuff. My £18 Mahalo was the best I could find. Perhaps one of the smaller shops might have something special (second-hand maybe) but it would be a bit of a hunt.

I don't know how easy it is to find ukes in Belgium, but I Love everything else about Belgium.

Beer
Chocolate
Two Languages
Great education
Politically Liberal
Beautiful Cities (some)
The History
The Culture
The fantastic people - I've never met a belgian I didn't like.

I'll swap you - your life for mine!

Tony
OR...
You could just move to Belgium and open up an ukulele shop here..
Everybody happy :)

Top Bottom