New club in DC/Northern Virginia

Ben

Reaction score
We are starting a new uke club in DC/Northern Virginia. The club will meet every couple of weeks and will be open to all ages and levels of ability. It will not be in competition with the Metropolitan Ukulele Association or the Hawaii State Society meetings but will aim to give people a more frequent opportunity to choose a set of songs they like, get together, play, sing, swap advice, try out ukes, and generally have a good laugh.

The idea is to meet on a weekday evening (every two weeks) from, say, 8PM to 10PM to allow people time to get home from work and eat something before they head out.

The goal is to make this relaxed, fun, and dedicated to helping everyone enjoy the uke, enjoy making music, and to learn as we go.

I am open to any ideas to make this possible and any suggestions about how to get the message out.

Hope to hear from you.

Ben

man this sounds great but im in the southern part of va, and there are only a couple of us down here.

Anyone interested in receiving emails with venue/s and dates, please email us at ukeclub@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you!

I'd be interested in this, too.

What's the format going to be? Pick a song or two to learn ahead of time or just get together and see what develops?

--Mark

I can't attend on a regular basis, as I live in NY....

But, I visit my daughter and her family two or three times a year in Leesburg, VA....would that be close enough to these get-togethers to be practical? My next trip down is during the week between Christmas and New Year's....

I guess it will depend on whether or not Ben schedules one during that time, but there's no reason we couldn't have an impromptu something-or-other somewhere else.

I live about ten miles from Leesburg, and I think there are a couple of others in the area, too.

--Mark

Top Bottom