New Tuner Out There?

rhiggie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
In the recent Ukulele Magazine - Ukulele Sessions they featured Sylvie Simmons doing a couple great songs. While watching I couldn't help but notice her headstock tuner was one I've never seen and the video isn't clear enough to read the brand. Anybody recognize it?
Tuner.JPG

Based on some Google searching, I believe that this is not a new tuner, but an older one. I think it is the Korg AW-1 Micro Tuner. I first found it here. Based on a video review, I think it was out around 2010.

Going by Korg's website, they no longer make that model, but do have a variety of other clip on tuners, including some that are Pokemon themed, if that's your thing.

You nailed it. Now the hunt is on! Don't need to find a new one, just a functional one... Thanks for the info. Stay healthy

Haha, I still own the Korg N222, AKA KORG AW-1 Micro Tuner. It's at least 10 years old but still works fine. It came in a hard case (!) with foam cutouts for the components: head unit and a small clip for horn bells and a large clip for headstocks. The build quality puts most modern units to shame but the lack of a backlight makes it iffy for stage and night use.

Top Bottom