A new uke...

Pippin

Reaction score
I just ordered another ukulele. This one is an Oscar Schmidt OU5LCE, (concert size with laminated Koa body and UK-3000 pickup). This is going to be for review in the magazine, then, I plan to keep it to use as another gigging uke because the pickup is actually a good performer. The instrument has a soft mellow tone acoustically, due to the laminated body, but that is not a problem. I can play it any time day or night without waking the wife. :eek:)

So, you can look forward to a review of this uke in Issue Seven of Ukulele Player when it goes live (about a month away).

Meanwhile, I am getting lots of great feedback on issue six.

I just ordered another ukulele. This one is an Oscar Schmidt OU5LCE, (concert size with laminated Koa body and UK-3000 pickup). This is going to be for review in the magazine, then, I plan to keep it to use as another gigging uke because the pickup is actually a good performer. The instrument has a soft mellow tone acoustically, due to the laminated body, but that is not a problem. I can play it any time day or night without waking the wife. :eek:)

So, you can look forward to a review of this uke in Issue Seven of Ukulele Player when it goes live (about a month away).

Meanwhile, I am getting lots of great feedback on issue six.

Sweet!

It was a good issue.. really enjoying it!

Thanks for the hard work.

oh and pick my e-mail for one of them contests.. will ya?

:)

JT

Definitely! I enjoyed the last one myself!
Keep em coming!!! :shaka:

Reading your mag was a nice relief from battling the bogans here in Cairns who are against the ukulele festival. Yes, in this town people are against the ukulele. But we will prove them wrong! Read my post on the Ukulele Festival elsewhere on this forum to find out how. Thanks Pippin for submitting a message to our local paper. Sorry for hijacking your blog for a minute....

Reading your mag was a nice relief from battling the bogans here in Cairns who are against the ukulele festival. Yes, in this town people are against the ukulele. But we will prove them wrong! Read my post on the Ukulele Festival elsewhere on this forum to find out how. Thanks Pippin for submitting a message to our local paper. Sorry for hijacking your blog for a minute....

That's quite alright. It's for a worthy cause. I hope the festival takes place and people actually find it very enjoyable.

Top Bottom