Ukulele Festivals in england?

Samster

Reaction score
Are there any? or any similar events?

i cant seem to find any

so i was just wondering if anybody knows of any?

Not much info on the site other than of course the record attempt.

Would love to see retailers there with plenty of Uke's.

Theres THIS (i hope they dont mind me posting a link to an other ukulele forum, but that url has all the info). The campsite where its being held is already fully booked, but there should be a few others nearby. I also still need to find one within walking distance :p

Me and one or two other people did have the intention of organising a Uk ukulele meet this summer. In the end we just didn't give ourselves enough time to organise it properly - naivety on just my behalf really. I'll be starting preparations for next summer well in advance this time around. There's a group on here for UK ukulele players called UK.lele - info will be posted on that group when things develop but that won't be for some time yet.

There are a couple of ukulele/folk festivals in the UK. I THINK that one of the larger ones is taking a break this year - I can't think for the life of me what it was called though.

Keep an eye out in the 'Regional get Togethers' section of the forum for events like this :)

I looked at the RAYSTOCK UK UKEFEST, but it being a camping festival, as a wheelchair user it wasn't for me ,I did enquire and they said they where full but there was another camp site down the road.

This is certainly not a festival, but there is a meeting for ukers at The Slug & Lettuce in Farnham on Sunday next, 14th June.

Start at 12 noon, finish around 4pm, or whenever.

There is a long stay car park next door, £2 for four hours.

Just a chance to chew the fat, try other people's ukes, and some communal strummin'. All welcome.

John Colter (Ukantor).

Top Bottom